SVN 2017/176 (P) - Information Management Coordinator (P3) - Juba, South Sudan
Juba (South Sudan)
Position Title Information Management Coordinator
Duty Station :Juba, South Sudan Classification Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 16 October 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Operations and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and in coordination with the client departments, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating the designing and implementation of Information Management solutions including data management, analysis, visualization, reporting and information sharing through the Information Management Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Supervise the Information Management Unit (IMU) to ensure provision of the Information Management (IM) support including data management, analysis, visualization and mapping for all departments in the mission.
• In coordination with the cluster leads, develop, implement and monitor Information management strategy for CCCM, Shelter/NFI clusters to ensure the evidence based decision making and advocacy for the humanitarian response planning in South Sudan. • In close coordination with the Programme Support Unit (PSU) and Programme Coordinators, develop information products for donors and publications.
• Provide support in data analysis to assist IOM Program Managers and PSU as needed, so to Page 1 / 4highlight information gaps and use the data for evidence based response planning and programme development.
• In coordination with the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) programme Coordinator, strategize, implement and monitor IM solutions for DTM activities including site assessment, conflict and displacement analysis, biometric registration and flow monitoring activities. • Design and implement technical aspects of IM solutions for the workflow and documentation management of the administrative and operational processes of the mission. • Review and approve appropriate technical specifications of all IM supporting technology, to meet IOM’s IM standard and end user’s needs.
• Supervise the Information Management Staff and ensure proper implementation of IM polices and alignment to ITC standards including quality control of data gathering and dissemination. • Train and support field works related to survey and assessment; database assistants in the use, maintenance and support of database system.
• Work closely with United Nations (UN) agencies, Non- Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other stakeholders on matters related to IM and participate in hub level Inter-Cluster Information Management Working Group and other relevant working groups. • Assist in the implementation of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) capacity development activities for staff members and other National Partners, as requested. • Promote the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping by ensuring data collection has relevance to GIS coding.
• Assist in the development and enhancement of the integrated methodology for data collection and information packaging as required and needed by Programs.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Information Management Systems, Geoinformatics, Data Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in Information Management for humanitarian or development activities or equivalent managerial level experience;
• Experience in designing and implementation of Information Management methodology and systems; selection of appropriate technology standards for IM;
• Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, visualisation, mapping, document designing;
• Experience in data base development/management, website development/content management are an advantage;
• Extensive knowledge of humanitarian and development programming, information requirements are an advantage;
• Experience with relevant software such as: ArcGIS, Mapinfo, SPSS, EpiInfo6, HTML, PHP, ASP, Java, Ms Access, SQL, progress) is highly desirable.
Page 2 / 4Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 16 October 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Page 3 / 4From 03.10.2017 to 16.10.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/176 (P) - Information Management Coordinator (P3) - Juba, South Sudan (55197200) Released
Posting: Posting NC55197213 (55197213) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Juba (South Sudan)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Office Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-10-16
P-3, International Professional