Background Information - Job-specific
FieldSight is a new technological platform developed by UNOPS as part of the Nepal Innovation Lab that enables supervision and quality assurance for remote project sites. FieldSight connects semi-skilled and project personnel working in the field with highly-skilled and project management personnel based in regional or central offices.
Through the delivery of educational guides, the creation and deployment of customized field assessments, and the ability to provide targeted feedback to specific sites and issues, FieldSight facilitates ongoing engagement between central offices and field sites, enabling monitoring, quality assurance, coaching, and capacity building. Serving as a central repository for data from multiple sites and projects, FieldSight also helps organizations to review progress across projects, regions, and countries.
Targeted at organizations in the development and humanitarian sectors, FieldSight is an open- source platform that anyone can use to improve quality and project delivery.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Product Manager, the Training Associate supports the development and deployment of FieldSight, a remote supervision application, with organizations throughout Nepal.
The Training Associate demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- In discussion with the Project Communication Analyst and Field Coordinator, identify/list down all requirements and specifications for the conduct of the training/workshop activities
- Prepare the requisition, obtain approval from the Project Communicaton Analyst or Field Coordinator and submit to procurement in-charge; follow-up and provide additional information as needed
- Coordinate and follow-up with the Project Communication Analyst and Field Coordinator for the copy of presentation materials and other materials for handouts/distribution to participants
- Prepare training/workshop kits and training forms, including printing/photocopying and binding; ready all supplies and materials to be used in the training/workshop activities
- Translate English training materials into Nepali, as needed
- Coordinate with the contracted service provider for the training venue, accommodation and meals/food. Ensure that the requirements for training room set-up, menu and room sharing are properly communicated and followed through
- Arrange the transportation requirements of the team for training period
- Ensure to have a good understanding of the flow of sessions/activities to ensure that training support will be provided effectively
- Provide secretariat support in the conduct of the training: room set-up; registration/ attendance checking; training/workshop kits and materials distribution; coordination with hotel/venue for meals schedules, etc.)
- Document the highlights of sessions/activities, workshop outputs and/or agreements and action points
- Provide interpretation assistance from English to Nepali/Nepali to English
- Assist in facilitating group activities
- Assist in administering pre and post training assessment and evaluation forms
- Prepare draft documentation report of the highlights of the sessions/activities, workshop outputs and agreements/action points and submit to OCBS or Lead Specialist as input to the training report
- Process pre/post training assessments and evaluation in the database;
- Coordinate with the venue for the invoices; review and submit to UNOPS finance team for processing of payment
- Update inventory of training materials regularly to ensure availability for the next training activities
Ongoing coordination with and support for clients using FieldSight
- Support clients in all phases of using FieldSight, including configuring, deploying, using, and monitoring the system.
- Maintain regular communication with clients.
- Track engagement and communication with existing and potential clients.
- Respond to client needs and asks as needed.
Coordination and Liaison
- Coordination within the FieldSight Team and UNOPS Nepal
- Maintain close communication with the relevant Support Units (HR, Procurement, Finance and IT) to ensure constant exchange of best practices and standardization of approaches;
- Provide inputs and suggestions as appropriate to streamline workflows/business processes and document templates/formats;
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Provide in Effective administration and logistics carried out for the project so that operational tempo is maintained.
- High school diploma is required.
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in Business or Public Administration, project management or related field will be preferred and may be considered in lieu of the requirement of the high school diploma and relevant experience
- 6 years of experience in project support functions (administration, coordination, client service) is required in combination with a high school degree;
- At least 2 years’ experience in providing training support in the areas of logistics arrangements, documentation and general secretariat support is required;
- A bachelor's or a master's degree may substitute for some or all the required years of experience respectively;
- Experience in doing translation for training materials and interpretation during training event is required
- Ability to use MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
- Proficiency in English and Nepali language is required.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- This post is only open for candidates who are nationals of Nepal.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: L-ICA 6
Contract duration: Initially for 3 months with a possibility of extension
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.