Project Officer- Promotion and awareness-raising of intangible cultural heritage
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the implementing activities by mobilizing goods and services, in accordance with UNDP Policies and the UNDP Kosovo Standard Operating Procedures:
- Support the project manager in daily activities of the project, with a focus on implementing Output two of the project;
- Development of Terms of References, Request for Proposal, and the other necessary documentation for calls for grants for confidence building measures for CSOs/NGOs;
- Organising and leading the review process of proposal from CSOs/NGOs as per UNDP Rules and Regulations:
- Monitor the implementation of the activities undertaken by CSOs/NGOs, provide feedback and sugest corrective actions when necessary ;
- Ensures that UNDP rules and regulations are implemented in all project activities;
- Prepare regular updates, progress reports, work plans, and assist in drafting final project reports as per UNDP rules and regulations, and ensure that gender dimensions are highlighted in all products;
- Manage project’s logistics and administrative matters related to Output two, ensuring effective use of resources and compliance with UNDP rules and procedures;
- Follow the internal and external communications plan and support its implementation, according to the EU communication and visibility plan;
- Contribute to the production and dissemination of communication and promotion materials, in particular online resources;
- Contribute to the planning and organisation of project board meetings;
- Participate in regular internal meetings and training events.
- Contribute to knowledge management activities, including monitoring and evaluation, and ensure capturing of gender disaggregated results;
- Facilitate the cooperation and liaising between beneficiaries and the project to ensure timely and qualitative implementation of project activities;
- Monitor the off-line risk log and submit new risks to the Project Manager for consideration and decision on possible actions if required; update the status of these risks by maintaining the project risks log;
- Identify changes in the external environment and promptly advise the project manager on necessary solutions or actions.
- Support the project manager in developing partnerships with national and international stakeholders and partners to guarantee coordination, prevent overlapping of activities, ensure lessons learned are gathered and disseminated, and identify possibilities for organizing joint activities;
- Support the formulation of knowledge products related to practical implementation of confidence building measures through project output(s);
- Ensure lessons learned are gathered and disseminated amongst stakeholders and to identify possibilities for organizing joint activities with partners
- Be familiar with the activities of other development projects in the sector/area, establish contact and keep up-to date with their work;
- Support the Project Manager in developing/strengthening partnerships and advocacy activities agreed by the UNDP office in the area/sector covered by the project.
- The Project Officer’s inputs will have a direct impact on the implementation of the project and the achievement of results. Specifically, effective implementation of component activities and effective coordination of activities with project other components and the project team is the expected result.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Actively promotes gender equality in all Project activities.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to build trust;
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects implementation;
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams, delivering through and with others;
- Responds positively to new approaches;
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Responds to client needs promptly
Required Skills and Experience
- BA degree in public administration, international relations, social sciences, or a related field.
- Min. 7 years of relevant professional experience in a similar project or role;
- Proven track record in development sector working for an international agency, donor organization, or NGO;
- Proven ability to coordinate complex activities with diverse range of partners in a multi-cultural context;
- Proven experience in monitoring of work plans and project implementation, with a focus on reconstruction and renovation projects;
- Experience in cultural heritage protection/management is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages. Experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in both verbal and written English. Fluency in verbal and written Albanian and/or Serbian is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Pristina (Kosovo)
- Grade: SB-4, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Junior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Democratic Governance
- Closing Date: 2017-10-20