Data Management Assistant
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
DATA MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
The International Potato Center (CIP) seeks to recruit a highly talented Data Management Assistant to be based in our Nairobi office.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor.
The position: The Data Assistant will be based in Nairobi and will report to the Data Management Research Assistant. The Data Management Assistant will help manage beneficiary related data to ensure a smooth and clean upload and update of the project database.
The principal tasks and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following: Duties and Accountabilities:
• Designing and coding of data collection templates into data entry software; • Data entry and export to various data management software; • Data cleaning and verification;
• Printing beneficiary household identification cards for the AVCD project • Any other duty as requested by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related field.
• One year experience required at least at internship level. • Certificate in IT
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word;
• Knowledge in CSPro (for designing data entry applications); • Basic data management skills using STATA and/or SPSS;
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English required.Conditions: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff position (NRS). The employment contract will be for a one-year term (with a three-month probation period) with the possibility of
renewal, subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities
website (http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V
with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the
candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications
will begin on 16 October, 2017 and will continue until the post is filled. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application,
interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with
information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Nairobi (Kenya)
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-10-16