Interview Report Writer
Recruitment of staff is the single most important human resource management activity. Each recruitment process and decision represents a major investment of organizational resources, constitutes a long term liability and is a direct reflection on the organization’s reputation. Each appointment affects the performance of offices and defines UNDP’s credibility with stakeholders.
Competency based interviewing is one of the ways UNDP assesses candidates to fill vacancies across UNDP. This procedure is designed to ensure a competitive selection process for rotational vacancies by establishing uniform selection procedures across the organization.
All recruitment and selection processes in UNDP are defined by five principles – competition, fairness, professional rigor and objectivity, transparency and accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
The Interview Report Writer will be expected to support the Bangkok Regional Hub HR team carry out the following tasks:
- Take objective and clear notes for up to 4 candidates in the interview per day identifying strengths and weakness of candidates as measured against articulated competences. More than 4 candidates would be considered as additional interview.
- In consultation with the HR representative on the interview panel, drafts the interview report in a concise and fluent manner;
- Prepares the interview report on a standard template within 24 hours from conclusion of the interview, and then circulates to panel members for comments and endorsement;
- Coordinate edits/changes to the interview report accordingly;
- Interview Report writer must disclose any perceived or actual conflict of interest on any panel they are assisting with. Confidentiality of information, data and reports is a pre-requisite.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Up to 60 Interview reports in a standard template prepared and transmitted to respective interview panels within 24 hours from conclusion of the interview. The estimated duration to complete 1 report is 1 day worked.
The Interview Report Writer will be supervised by HR Analyst on each interview report delivery.
Duration of the Work
Up to 60 days worked (1 report per day worked). Contract Duration is from 1 January 2018 – 31 December 2019
- The duty station is Bangkok based with no travel required;
- The Consultant will be given access to relevant information necessary for execution of the tasks under this assignment;
- The Consultant will be responsible for providing her/his own working station (i.e. laptop, internet, phone, scanner/printer, etc.) and must have access to reliable internet connection.
- Plans, prioritizes, coordinates and delivers tasks on time;
- Remains impartial and fully confidential at all times;
- Displays cultural and gender sensitivity;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and adaptability;
- Responds positively to feedback.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, international development, business administration or related fields.
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Familiarity with UN competency based interviewing;
- Understanding of the UN context a distinct advantage;
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft word.
Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
The contract will be based on interview report.
Consultant shall quote an all-inclusive Interview Report Fee per one interview for the contract period. The term “all-inclusive” implies that all costs (professional fees, communications, consumables, etc.) that could be incurred by the consultant in completing the assignment are already factored into the interview report fee per one interview submitted in the proposal. If applicable, travel or daily allowance cost (if any work is to be done outside the consultant’s duty station) should be identified separately. Payments shall be done on a monthly basis based on actual number of interview report, upon verification of completion of deliverables and approval by the IC’s supervisor of a Time Sheet indicating the number of interview report submitted in the period.
Payments will be made upon submission of a finalized interview report, and acceptance and confirmation by the HR Analyst on outputs delivered (1 working day per report).
In the event of unforeseeable travel not anticipated in this TOR, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and the Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed.
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as a) responsive/compliant/acceptable; and b) having received the highest score out of set of weighted technical criteria (70%). and financial criteria (30%). Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal received by UNDP for the assignment.
Technical Criteria for Evaluation (Maximum 100 points)
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 70 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Please group them into one (1) single PDF document as the application only allows to upload maximum one document:
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability and financial proposal using the template provided in Annex III.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- A brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment and at least two samples of report or interview report
Incomplete proposals may not be considered. The short listed candidates will be contacted and only the successful candidate will be notified
- Annex I - TOR_ Interview Report Writer
- Annex II - Individual IC General Terms and Conditions
- Annex III – Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability for the Individual IC, including Financial Proposal Template
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Translations and Languages
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2017-10-26