NPO (Maternal and Neonatal Health)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMETo support the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in the development and implementation of evidence based policies and strategies, in order to provide equitable access to quality Maternal, Neonatal,Child and Adolescent Health services. The proposed position of Fixed-term National Professional (MNCAH) would allow WHO to provide the necessary support to the Government of Bangladesh (the Ministry of Health and Family welfare) for implementation of Maternal, Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health related activities.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of the WHO Representative to Bangladesh and direct supervision of the Medical Officer Maternal, Child Health, the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to the following assigned duties\:
1. Provide technical support to the Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (MNCAH)Division of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW) in review,development and implementation of the activities of MNH, and also support to the Adolescent Health programme.
2. Provide technical inputs and support to design and perform an in-depth situation analysis on health system response and capacity to improve maternal and child care with focus on new-born care services.
3. Contribute to the development and update of a draft national strategy and action plan for improving maternal and new-born care.
4. Provide technical and programmatic support in implementation of the WCO BAN priority activities in light of the Flagship program and within the framework of MNH including the development of a national framework, tools and guidelines for quality improvement.
5. Under the leadership of MOHFW, develop and finalize the Bangladesh Every Newborn Action Plan (BENAP) and support its implementation focusing on the quality of services. Assist Ministry of Health to review and finalize the health service policies and guidelines on maternal and new-born care.
6. Provide technical support in the development and/or introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in programme management and evaluation.
7. Identify needs and promote development/revision/adaptation of protocols and standards for Maternal,Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health based on WHO/international references and relevant to the national context.
8. Assist in periodic monitoring and evaluation of the programs on MNCAH; promote operations research in priority areas of MNCAH in collaboration with WHO collaborating centres, National research institutions and also disseminating research findings.
9. Provide support to the government and partners in mobilization of resources to promote MNCH and secure procurement needs required for the implementation of the maternal and new-born plan.
10. Perform other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Essential\: Medical degree from a recognized university.
Desirable\: Postgraduate degree in Public Health or maternal and neonatal health, or related fields, from a recognized university.Specialized training in Obstetrics and Gynecology or Neonatology will be asset.
Essential\: At least 5 years' experience in maternal health and/or new born health.Experienced in assisting the process of formulating policies, planning and implementation issues related to maternal and neonatal healthcare.
Desirable\: - Familiar with Government policies, priorities, structure and procedures on Maternal, and Neonatal Health. - Previous experience of working with UN agencies or International Organizations is an advantage.
Essential \: - Thorough knowledge on the country's needs and priorities in the area of MNH. - Ability to prepare and make technical presentations and reports.
Desirable\: -Good knowledge of the administrative functioning of government ministries and other related departments/agencies.-Knowledge of WHO programmes and practices will be an added advantage.
Other IT skills\: Proficient in using computer applications software (MS-Office) to produce reports, prepare correspondence; Ep-Infro or SPSS. Composing emails and creating multi-media presentations.
WHO Competencies1. Teamwork
2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
5. Producing results
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Bangla.
REMUNERATIONRemuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at BDT 4,692,420 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Grade: NO-C, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position - Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2017-11-05