Social Media Consultant
New York City (United States of America)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls, the empowerment of women, and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women's rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world.
The Communications section at UN Women Headquarters in New York supports the positioning of women’s empowerment and gender equality as key issues on the international agenda and establishes UN Women’s role as the global authority in this context. This entails developing and promoting high-quality content, communicate about UN Women’s work through digital and social media and engage a global audience online. The Communications section seeks to enlist a Social Media Consultant to take on part of a maternity leave cover, to support the implementation of online campaigns and engagement on gender equality and women’s empowerment. S/he will assist the Social Media Manager in developing and implementing social media plans, help coordinate the development of different online assets, social media videos and social media packages as part of the outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Social Media Manager, the Social Media Campaign Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain UN Women’s social media accounts on a daily basis by drafting messages for @UN_Women, facebook.com/unwomen, Instagram, Snapchat, Google+, LinkedIn and other relevant social media platforms.
- Contribute content by drafting messages for several personal accounts of senior management, the CSW accounts and the Say NO – UNiTE accounts.
- Maintain the @UNHLP Twitter account, and coordinate all engagement, monitoring, coverage and reporting thereof.
- Function as the focal point on youth engagement on social media.
- Maintain the ED’s LinkedIn influencer page and use posts strategically for engagement.
- Produce weekly Instagram and Snapchat stories.
- Coordinate the production of social media videos.
- Engage in targeted partner and influencer outreach for UN Women’s online platforms.
- Record the follower increase of the social media audience on a monthly basis.
- Monitor all social media accounts for questions and comments, respond to them and engage the UN Women audience on a daily basis.
- Support the development of social media strategies and campaigns for relevant international days and big events.
- Develop social media packages for relevant international days, campaigns and big events.
- Produce visual assets in English, Spanish and French for use across social media platforms (created in Photoshop/InDesign and through other tools). Coordinate with a designer on the development of more complex visual assets.
- Support the guidance and review of field office social media accounts through the development of detailed feedback documents.
- Support social media outreach and integration into big events with UN Women involvement, such as the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence, International Women’s Day, the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) and the UN General Assembly.
- Support live tweeting from relevant events.
- Demonstrates consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing diversity:
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrating an international outlook, appreciating differences in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics and Values:
- Demonstrates / Safeguards Ethics and Integrity.
- Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
Developing and Empowering People / Coaching and Mentoring:
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
Working in Teams:
- Team player and facilitates team work.
Communicating Information and Ideas:
- Facilitates and encourages open communication in the team, communicates effectively.
Self-management and Emotional intelligence:
- Creating synergies through self-control. Conflict Management / Negotiates and Resolves Disagreement.
Knowledge Sharing / Continuous Learning:
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
Required Skills and Experience
- BA Degree in Communications, Journalism, International Affairs, Writing or similar
- Fluent in English
- At least 2 years of experience in journalism, communications, or writing and editing
- Proficient in using social media and web-based platforms
- Proficient in using design and video editing programs
- Familiar with women’s rights issues
- Familiar with the United Nations
- Self-starter; organized; able to multitask and balance multiple responsibilities