Programme Analyst, Women’s Economic Empowerment
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to the P4 Recovery Specialist, the Programme Analyst on Women’s Economic Empowerment contributes to the effective management of UN Women programmes in the Jordan Country Office by providing substantive inputs to programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. S/he guides and facilitates the delivery of UN Women programmes by monitoring results achieved during implementation and ensuring appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary. She/he works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under the women’s economic empowerment portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide substantive technical support to the development, implementation and management of the Women’s Economic Empowerment portfolio
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme;
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget;
- Lead the implementation of programme activities;
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
2. Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
3. Provide technical support to inter-agency coordination on women’s economic empowerment to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the country
- Provide substantive technical support to the Recovery Specialist on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs.
4. Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to women’s economic empowerment;
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products on women’s economic empowerment.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of women’s economic empowerment
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality substantive inputs programme strategies and activities;
- Timely and quality substantive inputs to workplans and budgets;
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
- Relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Timely organization of events;
- Quality of knowledge and advocacy products.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
· Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women's studies, international development, or a related field is required
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in women’s economic empowerment is required;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required