Senior Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation
Washington D.C. (United States of America) | Burlington
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) seeks a Senior Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation for a potential 5 -year USAID-funded program to advance country health systems development through increasing financial protection; increasing coverage to all populations; increasing quality of essential health services; and improving responsiveness.
MSH saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 40 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia, and Medford, Massachusetts, US headquarters, our staff from more than 70 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Senior Manager for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) will oversee the monitoring and evaluation system for reporting progress and maintain reporting procedures and guidelines in compliance with USAID systems. The Senior Manager for M&E will be expected to develop a strong monitoring and evaluation plan consistent with the USAID results framework, coordinate the collection of data including conducting field visits for data validation, monitor the quality and completeness of data sets, contribute to the development of the program and document project performance against established outputs and indicators. S/he will also be responsible for building the capacity of country governments, Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders in the collection, utilization, and dissemination of data as well as ensuring that all monitoring and data collection activities are harmonized and information is shared. S/he will also assist the MOH to monitor programs and assess the robustness of implementing organizations’ data collection and M&E systems.
- Design and implement the project’s M&E system, including the development of indicators, setting targets, monitoring project performance and progress, ensuring timely data collection and data quality assurance, writing quarterly and annual reports, and liaising with the project financial team to track the budget in relation to all project results and outcomes.
- Provide technical inputs to the technical team in order to assist in developing program framework, goals, and objectives and provide monitoring data on project performance to strategically inform project decisions and future direction.
- Support the MOH to develop a health sector M&E framework and strategies to monitor health system strengthening interventions.
- Provide regularly updated reports on the status of implementation against the project goals and objectives to the Chief of Party, USAID and other program managers as required.
- Collaborate with the project team to identify project activities, processes and/or outcomes that are worthy of further evaluation and documentation, and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices.
- Adhere to MSH procurement integrity and institutional standards and procedures in all project management responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (statistics, quantitative/qualitative data analysis, management, public health).
10 years of demonstrated experience designing, and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities and research for health programs in developing countries.
Knowledge of maternal and child health, family planning, WASH program implementation is required.
5 years’ experience collecting, analyzing and managing donor funded health project data.
Excellent command of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
Previous experience implementing and managing a rigorous M&E system including developing performance monitoring plans that track performance as sub-results/results and by funding stream.
Demonstrated experience designing and implementing data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
Ability to influence program policy and operational decisions, demonstrated by previous experience in leading the development and implementation of M&E frameworks and tools to inform program strategy and approaches.
Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and DHIS2.
Experience with USAID programs/projects strongly preferred.
Strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in French and English.
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America) | Burlington
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Managerial positions
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2017-11-27