P-2 Associate Project Officer, DMD/TFPB (Temporary)
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST INTERNAL/EXTERNAL TEMPORARY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Reference Number: ITC/TVN/19/2017
Date of issuance: 01 November 2017
Deadline for Application: 08 November 2017(midnight Geneva time)
Post Title and Level: Associate Programme Adviser, P-2
Organizational Unit: Division for Market Development (DMD), Trade Facilitation and Policy for Business (TFPB)
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Duration: 4 months starting January 2018
Subject to the funding source of the position, this temporary job opening may be limited to candidates based at the duty station.
ITC champions workforce diversity, inclusion and gender parity and considers all qualified women and men equally, including those with disabilities, without discrimination or prejudice of any kind. ITC also offers attractive flexible work arrangements to help promote a healthy work/life balance and to allow all staff members to express and develop their talents fully.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Officer and the overall supervision of the Chief, TFPB the Associate Adviser will be responsible for the following duties:
• Works with key clients to facilita te the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects; monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
• Carries out research relating to the design phase of the projects on policy and regulatory related including in the areas of trade and investment and public private consultation on trade matters. 1 ITC/TVN/19/2017• Provides substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research
activities and studies.
• Assists in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning
facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action
plan the client will use to manage the change
• Provides administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences,
etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of
background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
• Undertakes outreach activities; participates in the development of training workshops, seminars,
etc.; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
• Coordinates and provides support to activities related to programme/project preparation and
submissions, progress reports and preparation of related documents/reports.
• Undertakes/Contributes to the preparation of various written inputs, e.g. draft background papers,
analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.,
• Coordinates activities related to project development and project implementation including budget
funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, etc.) and preparation
of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
• Contribute to the supervision of mentoring activities for the development of technical trade-related
modules to be used to train public sector officers and inserted in university curricula (establishing
the scope of the thematic to be add ressed; setting up the supervision frame; following up the
development of the module; etc).
• Tutor online e-learning ITC courses
• Participates in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data
• Performs other duties as required.
Education: An advanced university degree in international law, international trade law and
economics or closely related subject.
Note: Candidates who have completed a first level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent
international law, international trade law and economics or closely related subject may be considered
with additional two years’ of relevant professional experience.
Work Experience:A minimum of two years’ professional experience in implementing trade-
related technical assistance programmes, including in least developed and developing countries and
fragile state(s) in both Africa and Asia regions aimed at strengthening the participation of the
private sector into the trade policy formulation process. Experience in programme/project design,
implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Experience in organizing public-private dialogues on
trade policy issues. Experience in providing legal advice on international trade rules and
Experience in managing and contributing to programme content information (website, newsletters,
awareness raising briefs, meeting reports, etc.) is desirable. On-line teaching experience on trade
policy and trade facilitation issues desirable.
Languages: Advanced knowledge of Englishand French.
2 ITC/TVN/19/2017Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Good organizational and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of WTO rules and procedures
• Ability to perform a variety of specialized project tasks related to trade- related technical
assistance, including support in the design, planning, results based management, implementation
• Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
Critical Job-Specific Values & Competencies:
All staff members are expected to adhere to the ITC values and competencies, however, the ones
indicated below are particularly relevant for this position:
Respect for Diversity
Planning & Organizing
Commitment to continuous learning
How to apply:
Candidates are required to complete an on-line application. To apply, please visit the ITC website at
http://www.intracen.org/jobs which provides all related instructions on how to complete the on- line
personal history form (PHF). Candidates should also submit a motivation letter.
Applications received after the deadline or not compliant with the instructions will not be
Only applicants possessing the required qualifications will be taken into consideration. Only the
successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection.
ITC does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, nationality, religion or other social criteria.
ITC is fully committed to the implementation of th e resolutions of the United Nations General
Assembly for gender mainstreaming and applications from qualified women and men are equally
Applications from women and nationalities from developing and least developing countries are
Note: Internal fixed-term staff, if selected, may be entitled to Special Post Allowanceas per Staff
- Organization: ITC - International Trade Centre
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Trade and Development
- Closing Date: 2018-08-13