Volunteer - Nursing Staff - RN, Bangladesh
Dhaka (Bangladesh) | Cox's Bazaar
Nurses needed to volunteer in response to the Rohingya crisis in Bangladesh.
MTI has been assessing the humanitarian disaster in Bangladesh and it is clear that the Rohingya crisis in Bangladesh is different to many other refugee crises. In a little over a month, the Rohingya displacement has quickly risen to become an urgent humanitarian crisis as more than 600,000 refugees have fled a military crackdown in Myanmar and sought refuge in Bangladesh. Thousands of refugees live in horrible conditions, lacking clean water, sanitation and shelter with a high probability of disease outbreaks that could spread to threaten thousands of lives. The needs are great and they not being adequately met. Working in close coordination with our Integral Alliance partners and the UN, we’ve determined that MTI can have a significant and positive impact in the Rohingya crisis. The successful candidate will be supporting our health operations in our community health worker project, and the establishment and management of a Diarrhea Center.
Background: Medical Teams International is a humanitarian organization that had activities in 27 countries, and assisted nearly three million people in 2016. Medical Teams International has been working in some of the most challenging environments since the 1970s and seeks to boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world. Our team of professionals in country and around the world are working tirelessly to bring relief and advancing health for people affected by disasters, conflict, and inequity. Medical Teams International is a proven and successful organization that is ready, skilled, focused, and faithful. We are compelled by compassion; called to action; and committed to the communities we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide direct patient care in diagnostic and treatment in emergency primary healthcare in case of absence of local health care providers.
· Identify the educational, training and capacity building needs of community health workers and supervise on daily basis.
· Monitor and supervise health care delivery by local counterparts and community health workers.
· Ensure that patients have up to date records and are accurately registered and recorded for reporting and case management.
· Ensure healthcare products management (stockage, dispersment, warehousing, reconciliation).
· Oversee clinic staff and ward management.
· Teach basic sanitation and public health; theory of disease causation; treatment and prevention; disease diagnosis and drug treatment of common diseases; community nutrition; techniques for the identification of the malnourished child, treatment and growth monitoring, MCH and ANC.
· Minimum clinical nursing degree, Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant; Public Health is an advantage.
· Experience in overseas programs relating to primary health care, communicable diseases; experience in maternal and child health, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS is an advantage.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience required, of which 1 year should be of developing country experience or resource deprived environment.
· Previous NGO experience an advantage.
· Will have excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
· Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
· Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
· Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources.
· Must be able to speak English fluently
· Speaking Bengali is a bonus
·**December 14th – January 15th**
For additional information please visit:
Interested volunteers who meet the criteria should email their materials for consideration to;
We will ask for the following documents:
· Current resume/CV
· Color passport scan
· Copy of current medical license
· Yellow fever vaccination
APPLY TO VOLUNTEER TODAY!
- Organization: MTI - Medical Teams International
- Location: Dhaka (Bangladesh) | Cox's Bazaar
- Grade: Volunteer
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2017-12-01