MEAL & PROGRAMS COORDINATOR M/F - GAZA CITY
Gaza | Gaza
Secours Islamique France (SIF) was created in 1991, and has developed international programs in order to alleviate the suffering of the most vulnerable populations in France and around the world. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and implementation of development programs. SIF strictly follows the humanitarian principles of neutrality, independence, and impartiality while implementing programs. SIF respects cultural diversity and provides humanitarian assistance to all people in need, regardless of origin, political or religious affiliation, gender or belief.
SIF is working in Gaza Strip since 2008, following the military operation “cast lead” in Gaza Strip.
In 2010, SIF has also opened an office in Ramallah and obtained its registration with the Palestinian Authority. SIF has conducted several emergency and rehabilitation programs, both in the Gaza Strip and West Bank.
SIF is currently implementing humanitarian project in Food Security, WASH, Shelter and Child Protection projects as well as “seasonal projects” in the Gaza Strip. Complementarily with its humanitarian intervention, SIF is developing an advocacy strategy in the OPT.
Based in Gaza city**,** the MEAL &Programs Coordinator is an expert in project cycle management which is supervising several Projects Managers and/or Officers, on various domain of intervention: FSL, WASH, Child Protection, Shelter and NFI.
- Part of the Coordination Team (Senior Management Team);
- Coordinating the implementation and evaluation of the SIF programs in the mission
- Responsible for the technical quality of the programs.
- Contributing to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy.
Operational strategy & Coordination
- To contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy: context analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions, needs assessment analysis, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning.
- To be part of the Coordination Team (SMT)
- To participate in the analysis and proposal of solutions for all decisions impacting the mission in general.
Project Cycle Management
- To ensure the conception of the projects: needs assessments, baseline survey, and proposal of actions.
- To supervise the implementation of the projects: planning of activities, follow-up of the implementation, collect of sources of verifications.
- MEAL: Elaborate monitoring and evaluation tools, supervise satisfaction surveys and results, measure the realization of the projects, and propose adjustments for the projects.
- To define partnership modalities with the operational partners, be in charge of the partnerships, define and supervise the capacity building plans for the partners.
- To participate in the recruitment of project human resources: elaborate and correct technical tests, prepare and conduct interviews.
- To manage teams: briefing, planning, follow-up, management, performance interview, technical capacity buildings, etc.
- To evaluate regularly the performances of the team members, before the end of the trial period and the end of the contract.
- To define and update the team’s training plan and ensure the follow-up of this trainings impact.
SUPPORTS: Admin, Finance and Log (in cooperation with the Admin Coordinator)
- To manage the program budgets: regular monitoring of the expenditure states according to the allocated budgets and programmatic forecasts, validation of the expenditures s/he is responsible for.
- To prepare the planning of expenditures, the cash-flow plan and the cash flow request for his/her field.
- To determine the necessary budgetary adjustments to his/her program.
Representation (under HoM request)
- To represent SIF as part of the implementation of activities to operational partners and to the local and regional authorities.
- To attend conferences, coordination meetings, clusters and donors meetings.
- To elaborate presentation projects tools (objectives, methodology, activities, and results) for authorities, donors, partners etc.
- To elaborate activities monthly reports for the Head of Mission
- To elaborate donors reports according to the requested deadlines.
- To elaborate ad hoc reports: mission, follow-up, survey, training, etc.
- To inform immediately the Head of Mission of any delay, conflict, problem encountered as part of the project implementation.
- To propose improvements to the intern reports formats
The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and it is evolving.
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as MEAL & Programs Coordinator.
- Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Extensive experience of securing substantial external funding. Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably French and/or Arabic)
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values
Familiarity with Middle East context
Length of the contract: 1 year,
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Ø Duration: 1 year
Ø Starting : ASAP
Ø French fixed term contract “CDD d’usage”
Ø Remuneration according to profile
Ø Monthly Per diem, Guesthouse
Ø Medical cover (60% cover by SIF and 40% covered by the expatriate);
Ø R&R every at 3 and 9 month
Ø Return plane ticket supported by SIF for leave at 6 month
Please apply : https://goo.gl/forms/UQFT9cRRkbDdOyrI3
*Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth; We will study every application with required skills for the position.**
- Organization: Secours Islamique
- Location: Gaza | Gaza
- Grade: Mid level
- Education, Learning and Training
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2017-11-30