Logistics Assistant ( National Position ) AlDhalea - Yemen
To provide logistics and procurement assistance for program activities in NRC - Aden
- To manage and register all incoming requisitions in Al Dhaleh office and update status report on procurement for inclusion and circulation in the status report
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment.
- To assist in preparation of documentation for bids committee meetings.
- Maintain proper files of requisitions, quotations and purchase orders.
- To report all procurement status in weekly/ monthly basis to the line manager.
- Fleet, generators and transportation management
- Responsibility on the fleet and generators management in Al Dhaleh office that will include fuel allocation for the vehicles.
- Develop a monitoring system to ensure NRC fleet and generators are in good condition all the time.
- Organize for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required and verify the packing list, waybills and export documentation
- Prepare transport documentation accompanying dispatches such as packing lists, waybills and loading details to accompany shipment
- Prepare fleet and generator report in accordance to NRC logistics guidelines
- Manage NRC drivers in Al Dhaleh. develop work plan, capacity building plan and conduct annual performance review
- Warehouse and Asset Management:
- Manage inventory control/procurement of items at Al Dhaleh office and report all stock balances to the line manager in weekly/ monthly basis.
- Update the Mission Assets inventory for Al Dhaleh office and guest/staff houses and generate periodic reports balances to the line manager in monthly basis
- Experience from working as a warehouse/logistics assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Can prioritize tasks and manage pressure.
- Can work with different environment without feeling intimidated.
- Able to communicate, collaborate with other NRC (Shelter, Education, FSL and M&E) and other NGO field staff.
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organized and a good planner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Understanding of various donors’ requirements
- Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft Office and a computer spreadsheet
- 2 Months with possibility of extension subject to funds.
- Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Travel: Approx 25 days travel
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Aden
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-11-21