Safety and Security Officer - ( National Position) Aden - Yemen
The purpose of the officer position is day-to-day implementation of the support functions responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Development and implementation of the NRC Security Management System at area level
- Conduct Security Risk Analysis (SRA) according to minimum operational requirements (MOSS)
- Minimize security risks to the operations of NRC
- Management of security staff at area office
- Support, training, control and development of security staff
- Prepare reports as required
- Communicate and cooperate with relevant external security actors
- Train and develop staff in safety and security
- Conduct security assessments to new locations within the area office
- Acts as liaison officer between the organization and the community. Attend security meetings. Prepare security situation reports and send to Security Advisor and Area Manger
- Participate in general food/ non-food items distribution in the fields and monitoring field activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Quality assurance and implementation of security system and contingency plan.
- Advise on all security related matters.
- Produce short and long term assessments and projections related to contextual developments, relevant dynamics and actor mapping.
- Advise the AM and other relevant staff about Security developments
- Collect and exchange information with all relevant bodies (UN, NGOs, authorities etc.)
- Liaise on security issues with relevant external actors
- Develop and review communication procedures and protocols.
- Develop and supervise briefings, seminars and training for staff.
- Develop and update Security and Safety related Standard Operating Procedures.
- 3 years Experience from working as a Security Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English
- Computer skills
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- *2 Months contract with possibility of extension subject to funds .
- Travel: More than 150 days travel
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Aden
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Security and Safety
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Closing Date: 2017-11-21