SVN 2017/183 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P2) - Wau, South Sudan
Wau (South Sudan)
Position Title Resource Management Officer
Duty Station :Wau, South Sudan Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 29 November 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia
(Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO), direct functional supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) in Juba and the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub-Office in Wau. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the administration and resource management functions of IOM Wau and Malakal sub-offices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in monitoring and overseeing the financial management for all activities in Wau and Malakal including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; undertake financial analysis of projects in the respective South Sudan Offices.
2. Forecast cash flows according to activities in Wau and Malakal and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements. 3. Assist the SRMO in preparing the annual budget for South Sudan, in coordination with the relevant Project Coordinators. Monitor the budget control process and analyze variances between budget(s) and actual expenditures of Wau and Malakal on a monthly basis and assist in the preparation of budgets for new projects.
Page 1 / 44. Apply administrative and human resources policies, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases.
5. Assist in the drafting of guidelines and procedures to complement or to adapt the general instructions of IOM taking into consideration the volume of activity, staffing and the constraints and specific needs of Wau and Malakal Sub-Offices, namely in the areas of general administration, finance and human resources.
6. Propose improvements in work methods and procedures, and train national staff in the relevant areas of accounting and finance. Identify bottlenecks and recommend action to resolve problems or correct errors and bring to the attention of the SRMO any unusual trends. 7. Ensure compliance with general instructions of IOM and relevant permanent instructions for the mission.
8. Maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard Organization’s assets, control cash and prevent fraud.
9. Undertake quality control checks on the requests for payment, purchase requests and other requests that will result in financial obligation as well as conduct regular surprise cash counts in Wau and Malakal sub offices.
10. Support and offer guidance to other units (programmes) on matters related to IOM administrative issues, local institutions and human resource with a view to increasing their effectiveness.
11. Work closely with other internal functional units of the Mission and other institutional counterparts/stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function. 12. Support the Head of Sub Offices (HoSO) in Wau and Malakal sub offices to enable compliance with IOM’s policies and procedures and any donor specific requirements. 13. Frequent travel to Malakal sub-office to provide financial and administrative support. 14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Knowledge of human resources management an advantage;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
• Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities. High level of computer literacy, in particular, experience in computerized accounting systems and software;
• Knowledge of MS Office specifically EXCEL and IOM accounting systems, software and Page 2 / 4procedures a distinct advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 29 November 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Page 3 / 4Posting period:
From 15.11.2017 to 29.11.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/183 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P2) - Wau, South Sudan (55206418) Released
Posting: Posting NC55206421 (55206421) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Wau (South Sudan)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2017-11-29
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)
Asylum Support Officer – Dublin ( Temporary Agent, AD 5 ) in the European Asylum Support Office (EASOEASO - European Asylum Support Office
AD-5, Administrator - Internationally recruited position
Junior - Internationally recruited position
P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position