Procurement Data Analyst/Scientist (Maternity cover)
Background Information - PG
The mission of the procurement group (PG) is to provide procurement excellence across UNOPS that facilitates efficient and sustainable procurement delivery, enabling the success of our partners and clients.
Our core values in PG include; providing leadership in procurement; delivering as one team; creating value for partners and clients; progress through agility and adhere to and uphold the highest level of procurement principles in the UN.The innovation and improvement team supports these objectives by leveraging information from systems and databases to provide UNOPS with accurate, consistent and meaningful data analytics to manage and improve procurement performance across the globe.
The Procurement Analyst will report to the Innovation & Improvement Team Leader and will participate in the design, development, delivery and management of procurement analytics.
The functional responsibilities of this position include;
- Prepare all tables/graphs in R programme for the Annual Statistical Report and assist in the report co-ordination and analysis.
- Work in close collaboration with the oneUNOPS (UNOPS ERP solution) reporting team to provide easy to access reports, views and dashboards to heighten the ability to take action on relevant procurement related focus areas.
- Develop and maintain a robust analytics program including reporting procurement information across UNOPS and centralizing data collection, analysis, and online reporting through Microsoft PowerBI.
- Analyze UNOPS procurement related information to identify patterns and trends. This includes: spend analysis, vendor data, sustainability indicators, contract compliance data and benchmarking.
- Establish a methodology to collect relevant procurement statistics, ensuring robust, consistent and trustworthy data; this will include:
- Preparing and implementing data capture methods/databases.
- Review and improve procurement data quality and validation protocols.
- Ensure data integration with source data to and from relevant systems
- Generate regular, periodic and ad hoc reports on procurement etc. in support of the team, and for internal and external stakeholders.
Education: Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Economics or equivalent is required. A university degree with a combination of at least 2 additional years of relevant past experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ professional work experience in systematically analyzing, evaluating, and reporting business related data and/or statistics is required. Must have working knowledge of ‘R’ Programming and MS Excel.
Skills: Demonstrated work experience in business statistics, analysis and modelling, preferably with focus on procurement. Experience with a variety of commonly used techniques and models relevant for data capture, analysis and presentation.
A solid understanding of procurement and supply chain management is desired. Knowledge and use of data visualization tool such as Microsoft Power BI will be considered an advantage.Languages: Fluency in English is a requirement. Working knowledge of another UN language, specifically French and/or Spanish will be considered an asset.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: IICA-1 (ICS-8, P1 equivalent)
Contract duration: 11 month - Maternity cover
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.