Drupal Web Developer
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
Background Information - Job-specific
The Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is seeking a highly skilled web developer with extensive Drupal experience to help us complete the standardization of OCHA’s corporate web presence across the organization, align all OCHA sites with core platforms for financial and reporting data – ReliefWeb, FTS, GMS, and implement a new suite of sites for all country and regional offices in line with OCHA’s new corporate website.The consultant will also assist with the development of a number of new microsites in support of OCHA’s advocacy and fundraising efforts.
- Develop a new suite of pages under the main unocha.org for OCHA’s country and regional offices in line with OCHA’s new look and feel.
- Engineer a new suite of APIs to pull real time data from OCHA’s core financial databases and document repositories – ReliefWeb, OCT, FTS, GMS – to ensure coherence, consistency and accuracy in the way OCHA presents financial data on public platforms.
- Develop, test and launch new microsites for OCHA’s core events - Global Humanitarian Overview, Data and Trends, Humanitarian Policy Forum.
- Prepare technical documentation on every newly developed site.
- Train field staff to ensure proper updating and quality control of their respective websites.
- Trouble-shoot and fix a number of technical and CSS related issues on unocha.org – including its mobile version.
- Customize content flow from Drupal 7 to mobile and tablet of the Protection of Civilians database, including engineering of a search engine compatible with mobile / tablet.
A Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, information technology or other relevant fields is required.
A Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields with additional two (2) years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in software engineering, data processing, software development and system management;
- At least two (2) years of experience with Content Management System Drupal. Experience with development in Drupal 7 required;
- Solid understanding of up-to-date HTML 5;
- Proven experience in advising on digital assets development and best practices;
Language:Fluency in English required. Fluency in another UN language (Spanish) desirable.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: IICA-1/ICSC-9
Contract duration: 2 months initially with a possibility of extension
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background information- ECR
Based in Geneva, the Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (ECR) supports UNOPS offices throughout the region through: management, financial and programmatic oversight of global and country-specific portfolios, clusters and operations centres, including hosting services; fund and management advisory services; project implementation; procuring goods and services; and managing human resources.
ECR ensures that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing a shared knowledge base and ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between business units and projects across the entire region.
ECR strategy is to:
- Strengthen UNOPS role in operationalizing the Sustainable Development Goals with particular emphasis on health, environment and economic development.
- Position UNOPS in the Balkan sub-region, the Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Strengthen the implementation of ECR global and regional programmes, with revitalized partnerships in infrastructure, procurement and project management.
ECR operates global portfolios from offices in Geneva, Brussels and New York, and country-specific programmes from its operations and project centres located in Eastern Europe and Central Asian countries.
Background Information - Development Group Cluster
Based in New York, the UNOPS Development Group Cluster supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. The cluster also supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations in the delivery of project management and implementation services.