Web designer- International Consultant
UNDP is supporting developing countries in Asia Pacific with the implementation of the 2030 Agenda. Initial country level efforts, supported by UNDP and other UN and development partners, have focused on putting in place the building blocks necessary to support SDG achievements. This includes developing institutional arrangements to promote coordination and policy coherence across sectors and government levels, aligning national and sub-national development plans and budgets with the 2030 Agenda and to assess the availability of data and capacities of data ecosystems to monitor progress. Work has also started on identifying priorities and target setting. Beyond aligning national development strategies and other policies, countries are also looking at ways to integrate the SDGs into the budget process and to come up with new, more integrated financing options. Next steps will involve the identification of interlinkages between goals and targets and ‘accelerator interventions’, interventions that can trigger progress across a range of goals and targets. As articulated in its new Strategic Plan 2018-2021, UNDP will further reinforce this work through the establishment of Country Support Platforms for the SDGs.
Government and other actors have expressed strong interest in learning from each other and using the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs as a basis for plans, and future projects and investments. Beyond the information included in the Voluntary National Review to the UN High Level Political Forum (HLPF), however, there is no standardized or systematic monitoring of country efforts in this regard. UNDP, in collaboration with partners, aims to fill this void in line with the organization’s priorities. Through the creation of Country Knowledge Banks on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, UNDP and partners aim to provide a basis for learning and targeted action to achieve the SDGs. This effort will contribute to UNDP’s Country Support Platforms and the foreseen role as the “Integrator” at country level.
UNDP is hiring a web developed to support the evaluation of web options of SDG Country Knowledge Banks and to create an initial mock-up.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
- Analyze existing websites and platform option that could be utilized for UNDP’s web-based Country Knowledge Banks with details on cost, user-friendliness, ease of maintenance, etc.;
- Provide options and recommendations for web based Country Knowledge Banks;
- Analyze and advise on innovative web-based avenues for information gathering, such as data and media mapping tools and the technical requirements;
- Prepare the initial design and mock-up of a Country Knowledge Bank, utilizing the chosen options.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
The expected outputs from this assignment are as follow:
- Analysis report of existing websites and platform option that could be utilized for UNDP’s web-based Country Knowledge Banks with details on cost, user-friendliness, ease of maintenance, etc. with recommendations.
- Analysis report with recommendations on innovative web-based avenues for information gathering, such as data and media mapping tools and technical requirements;
- Initial design and mock-up of a Country Knowledge Bank, utilizing the chosen option.
- 1st deliverable- Analysis report of existing websites and platform option that could be utilized for UNDP’s web-based Country Knowledge Banks with details on cost, user-friendliness, ease of maintenance, etc. with recommendations on January- March (10 days);
- 2nd delvierable- Analysis report with recommendations on innovative web-based avenues for information gathering, such as data and media mapping tools and technical requirement for implementation on January- March (10 days);
- 3rd and final deliverable- Initial design and mock-up of a web-based Country Knowledge Bank, utilizing the chosen options on March- June (20 days)
The consultant will report to the Policy Specialist, Inclusive Growth and Sustainable Development, in close collaboration with other designated team members and the Communications Unit.
Duration of the Work: January 2018- June 2018 (Up to 40 working days)
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand with several visits to the UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub on Rajdamnern Nok Avenue.
- Strong analytical, reporting, and writing abilities;
- Excellent facilitation skills;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and report on work;
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards;
- Positive, constructive attitude to work;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in Knowledge Management, Computer Sciences, graphic design or related field. Advanced degree will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience working on website design and development, website management, search engine optimization and functioning test;
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining websites with multi elements including webhosting, security insurance and back up.
- Ability to develop new webpages with attractive professional graphic design in a user-friendly style is required.
- Ability to maintain and update database and transform results into graphs and infographic will be an asset
- Experience working with UNDP or other international development organization is desirable.
- Fluency of English language is required.
Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
The contract will be based on Lump Sum
Consultant must send a financial proposal based on Lump Sum Amount. The total amount quoted shall be all-inclusive and include all costs components required to perform the deliverables identified in the TOR, including professional fee, travel costs, living allowance (if any work is to be done outside the IC´s duty station) and any other applicable cost to be incurred by the IC in completing the assignment. The contract price will be fixed output-based price regardless of extension of the herein specified duration. Payments will be done upon completion of the deliverables/outputs and as per below percentages:
- Deliverable 1- • Analysis report of existing websites and platform option that could be utilized for UNDP’s web-based Country Knowledge Banks with details on cost, user-friendliness, ease of maintenance, etc. with recommendations:25% of total contract amount
- Deliverable 2- Analysis report with recommendations on innovative web-based avenues for information gathering, such as data and media mapping tools and technical requirement for implementation: 25% of total contract amount
- Deliverable 3- Initial design and mock-up of a web-based Country Knowledge Bank, utilizing the chosen options: 50% of total contract amount
In general, UNDP shall not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources
In the event of unforeseeable travel not anticipated in this TOR, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and the Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed.
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology Cumulative analysis
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as a) responsive/compliant/acceptable; and b) having received the highest score out of set of weighted technical criteria (70%). and financial criteria (30%). Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal received by UNDP for the assignment.
Technical Criteria for Evaluation (Maximum 70 points)
- Criteria 1 Relevance of Education – Max 10 points
- Criteria 2 Experience in web development and optimization – Max 20 points
- Criteria 3 Experience with graphic design and database set-up – Max 20 points
- Criteria 4 Experience with the UN/UNDP web environment – Max 20 points
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Please group them into one (1) single PDF document as the application only allows to upload maximum one document:
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided in Annex II.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Financial proposal, as per template provided in Annex II. Note: National consultants must quote prices in USD.
- Samples of website design and writing
Incomplete proposals may not be considered.
To get forms and related documents, please clidk the link below: