Consultancy - SharePoint Online Power User - ICTD/ECM, New York
New York City (United States of America)
The SharePoint Online Power User will bring a business-needs perspective to help build a new global UNICEF intranet, using the Office365/SharePoint Online platform and its capabilities. They will also make use of O365/SharePoint product features and/or other project management tools to support the management of the project and user requirements. Duration of the contract is for a period of 11.5 months.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) project’s goal is to take a systemic approach that introduces and institutionalizes Electronic Content Management (including systems, policies, procedures, standards, guidance, and governance), providing improved search functionality, document and records management, archives management, content management, content reuse and repurposing, and collaboration across UNICEF. As additional benefit it seeks to reduce risks, improve usability of tools, provide significant savings, enable new organizational capabilities and comply with several audit recommendations. These goals will be implemented in keeping with the organizational strategy and information management requirements of stakeholders in various business areas.
The UNICEF Strategic Plan (2018-2021) sets out enablers supporting the delivery of our results and change strategies. A Digital Workplace project was created to enhance knowledge and information systems for programme results and organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
The UNICEF Digital Workplace connects staff everywhere to drive change for every child. It is our online personal digital assistant for nimbly working together by:
- Simplifying life at work
- Supporting access to UNICEF anywhere
- Connecting with partners and other UN entities
- Providing tools to create, communicate, collaborate, and share our know-how
- Driving efficient, effective and sustainable working practices
Purpose of the Assignment
The SharePoint Online Power User will bring a business-needs perspective to help build a new global UNICEF intranet, using the Office365/SharePoint Online platform and its capabilities. They will also make use of O365/SharePoint product features and/or other project management tools to support the management of the project and user requirements.
UNICEF seeks a candidate with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (O365) and especially SharePoint Online site collection configuration. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, organized and a passionate practitioner fully aware of O365 and SharePoint Online’s capabilities and roadmap. The successful candidate will be able to work with a diverse team to deliver within a timeframe, must have a strong sense of UNICEF values and have worked with international organizations and in agile development teams.
UNICEF's Digital Workplace is built on O365, SharePoint Online and related cloud based services for collaboration. When designing, and building a new global UNICEF intranet, the SOCM will use an agile development approach working through a series of user-based iterative designs to take business requirements through a complete deployment cycle. Deployed functionality will be grouped into releases.
Duration of Contract
The duration of this consultancy is for a period of 11.5 months.
The incumbent will report to the Senior Project Manager, ECM and will work under the direction of the Digital Workplace Project Manager.
The position is based in New York City, USA. All-in daily rates should account for the cost of living, travel to and from the local duty station, insurance and related costs. Official travel away from the duty office, when required, will be organized by UNICEF directly.
- Use the SharePoint Online and O365 features and/or other project management tools to support the Digital Workplace project management from the business perspective.
- Assist the project team to understand and use the features and capabilities of SharePoint Online based collaboration and publishing sites ensuring effective leverage of out of the box SharePoint Online functionality.
- Collaborate closely with the SharePoint development and administration team.
- Provide testing assistance following the development of new features, tools and functionality for the Digital Workplace.
- Work closely with the project team and IT to ensure the compatibility of the visual and user interface design and specifications with SharePoint Online.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other power users, the project team members and project stakeholders as required on an ad-hoc and informal basis.
- Develop quick understanding of UNICEF business processes, and work streams for effective delivery of the solution
- Create templates and re-usable lists, workflows and views within the product limits to meet business requirements.
- Implement sound/solid permission management
- Implement style and branding guidelines
- The successful candidate must not be a developer or administrator. We are looking for someone with hands on experience of SharePoint Online from the business user perspective.
- The Power User must have excellent knowledge of SharePoint Online for intranets and will be assigned to provide support and expertise to set-up and implement the UNICEF Digital Workplace, including but not limited to using advanced SharePoint Online product features, applying product functionality to business requirements, implementing site visual design, user interfaces, and providing specifications for implementation.
- University degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Communication or Information Management; at least (2) years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of one (1) years of relevant experience in managing SharePoint Online site collections or developing an Intranet on SharePoint Online.
- Strong experience with O365 and SharePoint Online site settings and configurations.
- Experience troubleshooting, supporting, and/or administering SharePoint Online.
- Real experience in designing and building intranet pages, templates and workflows according to design specifications in SharePoint Online.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting other users with SharePoint Online.
- Real experience in planning and creating intranet pages, templates and workflows according to design specifications in SharePoint Online.
- Excellent understanding of and ability to work with core SharePoint Online features i.e. document libraries, lists, web-parts, workflows, metadata, taxonomy, search.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (can explain complex technical Web processes to non-technical people).
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- Think flexibly, independently and strategically to resolve issues, often interacting with other support teams.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, demonstrate very strong initiative, and can prioritize and self-direct work.
- Ability to be self-starter and to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse team within a large international organization.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
Each applicant will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant or vendor whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%]
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.