LINKAGES Project Director
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
The USAID-funded project, Linkages across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program, is seeking qualified candidates for key positions in Maseru, Lesotho. In Lesotho, LINKAGES will be implemented by FHI 360 and Pact, and will conduct a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among three key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men and transgender persons – and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES will accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.
The LINKAGES Lesotho Project Director will provide technical and management leadership to the Lesotho LINKAGES project. The primary responsibility of the Project Director is to ensure successful implementation of the LINKAGES work plan and achievement of the project’s targets and goals.
- Lead the development and implementation of program descriptions, implementation plans, program strategies, program reports and work plans.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of all technical activities in the annual LINKAGES work plans.
- Supervise and provide overall program and technical guidance to the LINKAGES Lesotho team in compliance with the organizational procedures and the standards.
- Provide technical and programmatic expertise in HIV prevention, care and treatment activities for female sex workers, men who have sex with men, and transgender people.
- Oversee production of timely and accurate technical reports to FHI 360 and USAID as required.
- Work with CBOs, CSOs, other KP partners, local health centers and the MOH to increase the uptake of HIV and other health and wellness related services both at a community and clinic level.
- Keep abreast of developments in larger HIV/AIDS and KP field; document project methodologies, results, and outcomes, and in collaboration with LINKAGES HQ develop abstracts and publications.The position will be based in Maseru, Lesotho. Basotho nationals and candidates currently based in the Southern African region are encouraged to apply. Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
- Masters level degree in Public Health, related field or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of demonstrated key population programming expertise, with substantial community engagement, HIV prevention, care, and treatment experience with female sex workers, men who have sex with men, and/or transgender individuals.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated excellence in a technical advisor and leadership position, preferably in an international development context and working with key population groups.
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international NGO/PVO environment desirable.
- Previous experience in Southern Africa is strongly preferred; Lesotho experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in the design, implementation, and management of public health/international development programs for key populations.
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally as needed.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Organization: Pact World
- Location: Maseru (Lesotho)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2017-12-31