Social Media Campaign Consultant
New York City (United States of America)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls, the empowerment of women, and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women's rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world.
The Communications section at UN Women Headquarters in New York supports the positioning of women’s empowerment and gender equality as key issues on the international agenda and establishes UN Women’s role as the global authority in this context. This entails developing and promoting high-quality content, communicate about UN Women’s work through digital and social media and engage a global audience online. The Communications section seeks to enlist a Social Media Campaign Consultant to support the implementation of online campaigns on gender equality and women’s empowerment, particularly for International Women’s Day, the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), World Youth Day, and the UN General Assembly. S/he will assist the Social Media Manager in developing and implementing social media plans, help coordinate the development of different online assets and social media packages as part of the outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Social Media Manager, the Social Media Campaign Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Develop social media campaign plans for relevant international days, with various online activities, in line with the overall communications strategies.
- Implement social media activities in line with the social media plans and communications strategies.
- Produce weekly Instagram Stories and Snapchat Stories.
- Update and maintain policy and guidance notes, as well as training materials.
- Develop presentations with feedback on social media work to regional and country offices.
- Develop regular analytics reports.
- Produce visual assets for use across social media platforms (created in Photoshop and through other tools). Coordinate with a designer on the development of more complex visual assets.
- Contribute content to UN Women’s social media accounts on a weekly basis.
- Engage in targeted partner and influencer outreach for UN Women’s online platforms.
- Support social media outreach and integration into big events with UN Women involvement, such as the International Women’s Day, the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) and the UN General Assembly
- Live tweet from relevant UN Women events.
Ethics and Values:
- Demonstrates / Safeguards Ethics and Integrity.
- Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
Developing and Empowering People / Coaching and Mentoring:
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
Working in Teams:
- Team player and facilitates team work.
Communicating Information and Ideas:
- Facilitates and encourages open communication in the team, communicates effectively.
Self-management and Emotional intelligence:
- Creating synergies through self-control. Conflict Management / Negotiates and Resolves Disagreement.
Knowledge Sharing / Continuous Learning:
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
Required Skills and Experience
- BA Degree in Communications, Journalism, International Affairs, Writing or similar
- Fluent in English; fluency in Spanish and/or French a plus
- At least 1 year experience in journalism, communications, writing and editing
- Proficient in using social media and web-based platforms
- Familiar with women’s rights issues
- Familiar with the United Nations
- Self-starter; organized; able to multitask and balance multiple responsibilities