Data Collection Assistant (National Position), Baghdad - Iraq
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al-Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The Purpose of Data Collection Assistant position is to oversee the day to day implementation of the M&E project. The main duty of Data Collection Assistant is to ensure that the assigned data collection areas/ beneficiaries are covered within the timeline. Data Collection Assistant will be reporting to M&E Coordinator. The position is based in Baghdad.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A University graduate with significant experience in social science, economics, rural development or in other related fields with minimum (2) two years’ experience from working as Data Collection Assistant in humanitarian/recovery context. Ideally the candidate should be able to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. S/he should be able to meet deadlines. Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is a must. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct is essential.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Attend trainings on methodology, approach, data collection tools, and measures
- Participate in Focus Group Discussion (FGD) and Key Information Interviews (KII) briefing and debriefings as per instructions
- Follow through with Focus Group Discussion (FGD) and Key Information Interviews (KII) protocol for data collection, as per training and pilot sessions
- Ensure that the assigned data collection areas/ beneficiaries are covered within the timeline
- Submit completed data including Focus Group Discussion (FGD) and Key Information Interviews (KII) note taking sheets
- Promptly communicate the status for data collection and challenges faced in data collection
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context in similar position for at least 2 (two) years.
- Documented results related to previous responsibilities
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work diligently both independently and in a team setting
The post will be for five (5) months contract duration with possible extension - subject to funds.
Salary: 4/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary Scale.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Baghdad with frequent visits to NRC field operations.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Please see attached JD for complete details of qualifications required.