Budget and Programming Officer - NOB Kampala
Kampala (Uganda) | Kigali
- Contributes towards the development of plans, processes and procedures ensuring compliance with wider budget programming policies and WFP standards.
- Creates and review project budget plans and monitor ongoing project performance against budget, ensuring adherence to guidance and policies, and providing financial analysis and advice to optimize resources
- Monitors and provide advice on fund utilization, and advance financing, loan and borrowing/repayment and refinancing arrangements; alerting Country/Regional Directors to approaching deadlines for unassigned funds and potential resource shortfalls/surpluses, and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Monitors and provides advice on actions related to project closure and resource transfer.
- Monitors the resource pipeline to maximize operational effectiveness, following standards and processes, and providing advice on resource allocations based on severity of pipeline shortfalls using relevant pipeline tools.
- Supports the preparation of food-demand plans to support management and usage of corporate Global Commodity Financial Facility and provide information to guide RB/HQ decision-making when multiple projects compete for the same stock.
- Creates and reviews budget and project documentation, and ensure relevant resource data is recorded in internal systems for reference, in line with WFP standards and procedures.
- Collates and analyses data for the preparation of accurate and timely reports, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to senior management and external stakeholders.
- Proactively contributes ideas to senior officers for improvement to systems, techniques, tools, processes and procedures to better monitor and manage budgets and funds
- Supports the capacity building of WFP staff in budgeting, fund management and operational planning through answering queries and updating training materials, manuals and guidelines.
- Represents the unit at internal meetings/committees/working groups as required, in order to obtain and provide information from a budget and resource programming perspective.
- Guides and supervises more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follows standard emergency preparedness practices and contribute to technical recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of financial risks.
- Other as required.
Click on the link below: