ICT Officer ( National Contract )
Title: ICT Officer
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmes include protection, livelihoods, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. There are 4 main programme offices in Somali region, one in Yemen, one in Kenya and one regional office in Nairobi. There are also non-operational region wide initiatives, focusing on advocacy and capacity building, which are supported from the Nairobi regional office. Currently there are over 150 DRC staff in the region. The last 2 years have seen some growth in programme size, but primarily there has been a growth in the number of support and management functions demanded and required by the programme offices, in order to maintain quality and accountability.
The ICT Officer will ensure the smooth operation of the ICT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The ICT Officer will plan, direct, coordinate and design ICT-related activities, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the ICT department.
The ICT Officer will take an authoritative, pro-active approach in dealing with external vendors and outsourced development staff. The role will manage and balance the expectations of the business within the framework of staff and resource limitations. The ICT Officer will keep abreast of latest technologies that may be of benefit to the organization and make requisite recommendations, supported by documentation, costing etc and present to business.
The ICT Officer will provide leadership to ICT operations and infrastructure ensuring that an appropriate technical support framework is in place, including the management and delivery of service support and service delivery.
The ICT Officer will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions. As well as these responsibilities that ICT Officer will define and implement ICT policies, procedures, and best practices.
An ICT Officer exhibits capabilities in line with the Skills Framework for the Information Age and the Queensland Public Service Workforce Capability Success Profile.
- Function as the main point of contact for ICT related issues in the use of computers, software and other communication equipment
- Troubleshoot/diagnose problems and react accordingly.
- Advise and instruct staff (users) on ICT best practices, internet and e-mail usage and appropriate course of action where problems are encountered.
Liaise with ICT Manager on ICT innovations.
- Monitor Company WAN for problems.
- Troubleshoot internet issues in liaison with the relevant ISP.
- Liaise with ICT Manager regarding Navision connectivity issues/faults.
- Administrator oversees computer networks to ensure that they function smoothly.
- Install all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices.
- Supports administration of servers and server clusters located at head office remotely.
- Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
Backup, Antivirus & Security
- Perform local and clouds storage backups as scheduled and ensure data integrity.
- Configure and update antivirus.
- Users/group management including creation of E-mails and grant permissions.
- Implement and support pfsence and MicrTik firewall server for the office
- Develop solution for Disaster Recovery
- Export the weekly and monthly reports from the monitoring server and circulate to the relevant staff.
Develop online sharing document folders between the main offices.
- Assist the ICT Manager to maintain system performance and react to issues to maximize uptime (high availability and filtoran of the server).
- Continually perform preventative maintenance in all the offices.
- Assist with system upgrades and rollouts.
- Assist with administration of users, access controls and computers.
Assist in maintaining operating systems, internet and email systems.
Support main and sub-main offices internet/network connection when necessary.
- Supporting the users remotely on ICT issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance 4 time in a year
- Identify and train one ICT focal person on the basic ICT troubleshooting skills
Co-ordinate and plan the ICT operations with the ICT and Database Officer in Sana’a as well as ICT Assistants in Hudaidah.
- Prepare a comprehensive monthly report of the ICT occurrences to your supervisor copied to ICT manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other related field from a recognized institution
- At least 5 years experience working in an ICT support environment.
- Experience of working with networked computing systems/windows TCP/IT networking experience
- Experience working with LINUX servers.
- Knowledge of and competence in Microsoft operating system and office suite
- High level of hardware/software remote trouble shooting experience
- Quick in learning new systems.
- Able to work under harsh and extreme conditions, good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate a customer-focused, motivated and pro-active approach to your work.
- Excellent communication skills, and fluent in spoken English and Arabic.
- Strong communication (written & spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning, organization and problem-solving skills with ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team in a difficult work environment.
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability committments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
All DRC staff must be committed to the DRC Code of Conduct, as well as the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership Standard in Accountability and Quality Management.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Aden
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2017-12-20