ICT Assistant - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kabul - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Follows all IT procedures & policies in NRC Support and Central Programme Office.
- Keep regular contact with NRC staff requiring IT support & help disk
- Good relation with colleagues
- Dedicated to his/her work as IT Member in NRC Afghanistan
- Networking installation as LAN in any NRC new sites in Kabul/ supporting from IT coordinator and IT Officer.
- Different software , antivirus installation, configuration
- Windows , office installation , email configuration
- Updating IT Inventory on weekly basis, filling the IT item damage report , hand over , managing the IT stock ,taking the repairable IT items to workshop
- Back up of data regularly/users ,contacting IT focal points in NRC offices
- Online control of IT system in NRC Support and Central Programme Office
- Focus more on analyzing problems, finding and delivering permanent solutions to problems occurring on regular basis, instead of providing emergency support and spending time and energy on troubleshooting same problems.
- Provide report/manual on troubleshooting most common network/computer related problems
- Improve planning of work and should provide regular weekly plan on planned activities in following weeks & get approval from IT Coordinator
- Improve reporting skills and should provide regular weekly & Monthly report on all activities done during the past week & Month.
- Analyze NRC network and recommend optimal solutions for any new Problems
- Diploma In Information Technology or High School Certificate.
- Minimum Two years of relevant experience within field of expertise (Bachelor Degree In Computer Science preferred)
- Previous experience working in a similar role providing technical support, help desk experience and experience with local area networks an asset.
- Previous experience in work with Windows based networks, Windows 2008/2012 Server and Active Directory;
- Relevant education and certificates (MCSE) (CCNA) in Windows 2000/2003 is an advantage, windows domain environment – DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, remote control, Dell/HP, Cisco, Microsoft Networking. Back up data system.
- A+ Hardware with Networking.
- Good knowledge of anti-virus and Cisco firewall software
- Good Knowledge of Cisco & Microsoft network environment.
- Having Ability to install and working with different Operating systems
- Education title: Diploma In Information Technology or High School Certificate.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected