IT Officer (national contract)
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
Danish Refugee Council, an international humanitarian NGO, is currently looking for an experienced IT Officer to work at its office in Cox’s Bazar.
About the job
The IT Support Officer is responsible to the Logistics & Procurement Manager for the day to day management of the IT infrastructure of the Cox’s Bazar office, and supporting improvements in DRC’s IT sector in coordination with the Logistics & Procurement Manager. This includes assistance in providing technical support and planning support to future initiatives to increase the in-country capacity. This requires a highly motivated and solution oriented individual who will be able to resolve operational critical challenges as they arise.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Maintain a registrar of IT Support requests across field offices and coordinate with L&P Manager to prioritize tasks and execute weekly workplans (including field travel to field offices as required).
- Recommend Information Technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Responsible for liaising with L&P Manager and Head of Admin to standardize IT products across Bangladesh field offices.
- Responsible for tracking software licenses and users and confirming with HR prior to staff exit from DRC that software access has been handed back over to DRC.
- Arrange IT meetings with Program and Operations staff to discuss Information Technology Issues and recommended solutions.
- Periodic visits to the field offices to provide IT support and evaluate the status of the network and IT Infrastructure.
- Design and implement new IT infrastructure solutions across DRC Bangladesh offices.
- Manage backup systems for critical DRC data and make sure that backup is stored in both hard drive/server and cloud locations.
- Coordinate with Information Management Officer to set policies and folder structure/permissions for storage or archived or sensitive documents.
- Manage online document sharing using Microsoft Office 365 software platform. Conduct trainings with staff in each office and create step-by-step User Guides accessible for non-IT audiences.
- Provide induction and User Guide packages for newly arrived staff.
- Administrate user profile system (Office365) and provide support to staff as requested, adhering to the DRC IT Policy.
- Coordinate with Logistics and recommend IT assets for disposal or donation and support with bi-annual asset verification exercises (June and December) to update status of broken or outdated IT assets.
- Report to the L&P Manager outcomes after field visits, meetings, plans, and performance.
- Provide IT help desk function by providing assistance including hardware and software troubleshooting, and infrastructure support (i.e., servers) to all DRC staff.
- Format and install drivers (including printer\scanner drivers) and relevant software for new laptops and desktops, making sure only authentic software is installed, in coordination with the procurement department.
- Service and maintain DRC printers and other IT hardware.
- Keep track of IT related supplies (e.g. software, anti-virus, equipment, etc.) and place Purchse Requests as stock is used up.
- Other relevant tasks, as requested by Logistics and Procurement Manager.
To be successful in this role we expect the following:
- Degree in Information Technology
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with IT service provision in large organisation.
- Experience in setting up servers, routers and networks
- Experience with maintaining printers and other IT hardware
- Previous experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles
- Masters Degree in IT subjects, preferably specialised in networking/servers.
- Relevant qualifications or training courses.
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Location: Cox’s Bazar
Start date: as soon as possible
Contract length: 3 months with possibility of extension depending on funding
Applications must be submitted through this page by clicking apply. Applications submitted by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 11th January 2018.
Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment may happen prior to the specified deadline.