Information Comm. Technology Assistant
ICT Assistant GS6, Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, # 103077 Duty station Classification : D Equatorial Guinea is the unique African country that has Spanish as the primary official language. Working with UNICEF Equatorial Guinea gives an opportunity to practice three UN Official languages because the country is in a region where French and English are spoken. UNICEF is working closely with the Government and is providing continuous support to improve the implementation of child right in the country. The aim is now to scale up health, education, protection and advocacy in favor of children and women in Equatorial Guinea. The UNICEF country office has an estimated annual budget of USD 3 500 000, with a workforce of approximately 22 employees. The ICT was done from Gabon and has to be done in Malabo by a National recruited staff. This position is only for Equatorial Resident.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager and technical support of the Regional ICT Specialist, to provide technical, operational and procedural support and end-user services in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of information management systems and telecommunications services for the sub-office.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Under the supervision of the ICT Officer, implement computerization and telecommunications plans.
- Installation and maintenance of telecommunication equipment including HF, VHF and satellite systems (B-Gan, VSAT, etc.). Provide guidance to UNICEF Administration and vendors on the proper installation of electrical power systems needed for the safe operation of ICT systems.
- Provide assistance and training to users of telecommunication equipment.
- Assist with the installation and administration of the Local Area Network. This involves network cabling, administering user access to the network, data security of the network; administration and maintenance of servers, ISP routers, corporate routers, switches, and other LAN devices; troubleshooting of ad-hoc hardware or software problems experienced on the network.
- Ensure data security on the servers and user PC and Laptops. This involves regular corporate data backup, safe storage of data and emergency preparedness measures and provision of adequate power to ICT systems in line with established international standards.
- Ensure proper functioning of IT/Telecom equipment. This involves the diagnosing the source of problem, fixing them if possible or managing service calls to contractor/vendor for maintenance/repair and following up as necessary. - Maintain hardware inventory of IT/Telecom equipment in Zone office and sub-offices.
- Assist with the introduction and operation of new systems (hardware and software). This involves installation of new systems, upgrade of existing systems, training of users and their daily assistance.
- Undertake other ICT related assignments as may be required by the Supervisor.