Information Comm. Technology Assistant
Information Comm. Technology Assistant
UNICEF ALGERIE Recuits
An ICT/Administrative Assistant
Purpose for the job
The ICT/Admin Assistant will provide ICT support for users in all locations (Algiers and Tindouf), ensuring that effective and efficient solutions are provided to all incidents and queries on ICT operations and services. The incumbent is responsible for user support in first and second line functions: provides business support; communicates with users, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Operations Manager; and escalates incidents from users.
The ICT/Admin Assistant will also be responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative tasks for the respective section(s) requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
? Enable continuous operation of ICT infrastructure and accessibility to ICT services and solutions:
• Ensure physical and logical security and safety of ICT environment and infrastructure;
• Operate ICT infrastructure –environment, hardware, network and telecommunications;
• Assist in the management of contracts for ICT for services and products;
• Implement corporate solutions, services and keep systems and applications up and running;
• Conduct or supervise the provision of preventive and corrective maintenance;
• Manage emergency telecommunication operations and equipment;
• Manage ICT disaster recovery plans;
• Monitor, assess and verify the use of ICT resources to ensure compliance;
• Escalate compliance exceptions (proactive) and deviations (reactive).
? Provide help, support and assist with capacity building and knowledge management:
• Provide technical and operational support to end-users;
• Manage escalated ICT incidents or problems to GSSC/ICTD;
• Distribute ICT-related communication materials from NYHQ, GSSC or regional office;
• Prepare and circulate internal ICT-related communications –emails, manuals, newsletters, flyers, best practices, FAQs…
• Support opportunities to improve productively, efficiency, effectiveness and foster innovation;
? Assist in the delivery of results:
• Support approved innovation initiatives and work closely with programme staff to facilitate proper implementation;
• Support technical and operational knowledge transfer to programme staff, implementing partners and beneficiaries;
• Collaborate with C4D and use their advocacy, outreach and dissemination tools for better utilization of technology to advance the delivery of results;
• Provide first-level support in coordination with providers and third-parties of ICT-related services and products to programme;
Work closely with Administration and Finance on budget, billing certification, inventory and asset management;
? Events and Conferences on ICT matters
• Support capacity development activities and conferences.
• Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials in the intranet.
• Prepare and maintains agendas on meeting and events related to the work group commitments.
? ICT Asset Management and premises
• Manage and updates inventory of ICT items, VHF radios and vehicle VHF stations.
• Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of office toners.
• Assists the driver’s supervisor with the vehicle GPS tracker application and manage contracts with the supplier.
• Ensure the proper functioning of the generator and extinguishers and manage the contact with the suppliers.
• Ensure the proper functioning of CCTV and the access control system.
• Manage the telephone system and the billing.
• Manage all security equipment in the office.
? General Administrative Duties
• Maintain hard and electronic files and update data base systems ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of confidential information
Completion of Secondary education supplemented with formal training (at university level) in Computer Science, Business Administration or computer related certification (e.g., A+ certification, ITIL Foundation Certification or equivalent customer support certification).
A combined six years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work and practical professional work experience in information technology, as well as systematic methods of troubleshooting and analytical problem solving, providing assistance to users on ICT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools. Practical experience with various computer platforms and applications: operating systems, email and database systems, Microsoft Office product suites, Help Desk software, advanced PC/laptop/printer installation, configuration, troubleshooting and repairs. Work experience in providing remote ICT support an asset.
Fluency in French and Arabic is required. Good knowledge of English is considered an asset.
Only applicants of Algerian nationality are invited to apply.
Only candidates meeting the above minimum criteria will be considered.