FUNDRAISING, SENIOR MANAGER, PLANNING & ANALYSIS
Atlanta | Washington D.C.
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
The Senior Manager, Fundraising Planning & Analysis provides insightful, actionable analysis and reporting to drive sound business decision making. The position is responsible for all aspects of department budget management, and will develop a robust analytic framework to support the annual planning process, as well as effective monitoring and analysis of performance and return on investment. The position will collaborate closely with several business partners including fundraising senior management and finance.
- Develop strategies for effective reporting and data analysis based on thorough and ongoing understanding of business needs and objectives.
- Partner with business leaders to define key performance indicators.
- Design, develop, and deliver robust data analytic reporting and visualization solutions to support optimization of performance management, investment and fundraising results.
- Build systems and processes that mine multiple sources of data, derive actionable insights, and translate results into simple conclusions.
- Influence and coach stakeholders to create a data-driven decision culture; foster a business evolution from the use of reactive reporting to proactive analytics.
- Collaborate with fundraising senior management and finance to develop assumptions, annual and multi-year fundraising forecast.
- Work closely with department leads to track and analyze spending. Manage variance processes and reporting.
- Coordinate an integrated budget calendar. Develop and implement communication and training framework to inform and engage department leads in budget processes.
- Work in collaboration with grants management and finance to implement structure to ensure fundraising solicitations and associated budgets directly support organizational priorities.
- Provide ongoing leadership, supervision, support and guidance to the Planning & Analysis team.
- Define roles, write and revise job descriptions. Interview, recommend, orient, train and coach staff.
- Recommend personnel actions such as merit increases, promotions, terminations and disciplinary actions.
- Provide performance management and monitoring through performance planning and appraisals.
- Build staff capacity through needs assessment, coaching, training and mentoring.
- College degree in related field: Business Administration, Accounting & Data Science
- 5+ years complex CRM systems (SalesForce and Blackbaud products preferred), data warehouse, and data visualization tools
- 5+ years budgeting processes and tools at a large organization
- 5+ years management, with proven ability to lead and develop teams, and focus on improving quality and consistency of business processes
- 3+ years working with large and complex non-profits
- Strategy development and execution
- Proven ability to communicate skillfully and persuasively, both orally and in written form
- Proven ability to build partnerships across teams and divisions
- Demonstrated experience in financial and data management and analytics
- Proficient with significant experience in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Hands-on management with the ability to drive projects to closure
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREUSA&cws=52&rid=4033
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Atlanta | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Operations and Administrations
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-01-19