Individual Consultant - Information, Communication and Technology, Windhoek, Namibia (open for Nationals only)
The consultant will assist with providing first level user, workstation and server support.
Specific Objectives of the Consultancy
To assist Operations/IT Unit in the CO. The consultant will assist with providing first level user, workstation and server support.
Required Skills and Knowledge
The candidate is expected to have general PC troubleshooting knowledge and MS SharePoint implementation and user and desktop support.
Required Qualifications and Experience
First university degree in ICT or recent graduation from an undergraduate programme in relevant field. A minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience in ICT field is required.
Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
The candidate is expected to produce the following:
- Microsoft Windows and Cisco systems knowledge;
- Implementing and integrating IP routing network protocols;
- Applying multiple communications technologies in planning networks for voice, data, and
- video traffic;
- Understanding and knowledge Voice over IP;
- Protection of network users from hostile applications and viruses;
- Provide technical support and training to the staff.
- Service and maintenance of the IT equipment, including workstations and printers.
- Tracking inventory and evaluating new technologies.
- Maintain and monitor Internet link equipment in the main office to ensure connectivity.
- Installing and upgrading Software packages.
- Perform and monitor Backup of critical servers
- Ensure the Anti-Virus Software is updated on the servers and workstations.
- Implement and maintain Sharepoint Sites and related Systems
- Be able to provide support on Microsoft Office packages, Office365, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business.
- Maintain the local Help Desk System
- Work closely and reporting to the MIS Assistant
Payment and other costs
The consultant will prepare a report detailing deliverables for each month and payment will be made against approved monthly report.
Travel costs will be based on UNICEF policies.
- Local travel (outside Windhoek) and airport transfers (where applicable) will be covered in accordance with UNICEF's rules and tariffs.
- Flight costs will be covered at economy class rate as per UNICEF policies.
- Any air tickets for travel, will be authorized by and paid for by UNICEF directly.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.