UN Women: ICT Specialist - Business Analyst, Customer Relationship Management
New York City (United States of America)
The UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, the UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
The Information Systems and Telecommunication (IST) Office located in the Division of Management and Administration, is responsible for the strategic planning and development of information and telecommunication systems and services, ICT solutions, sourcing of information systems and equipment to support business needs and for the maintenance, availability, reliability and quality of performance of information and telecommunications systems and services globally in all UN Women offices.
The IST Office is using Microsoft development platforms for building business applications and database systems, Sitecore CMS platform for public facing websites, Qlik for the business intelligence, and Oracle/ PeopleSoft for core HR, procurement and financial processes. Microsoft Office365 has been fully rolled out at the organization level and SharePoint online is used for Intranet and extranet collaboration purposes. All business applications, databases and websites are hosted at Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
This position falls under Enterprise Applications Unit of IST office and the incumbent will work in collaboration with stakeholders, management, subject matter experts, solution architects, and technical teams to understand the business problems and opportunities in the context of customer relationship management (CRM) and build solutions that enable the business clients to achieve the goals.
Under the overall guidance of Chief, Information Systems & Telecommunications Office and direct supervision of Manager Enterprise Applications, the incumbent’s is responsible for performing business analysis and adoption of IT solutions, and defining and implementing IT Standards and Quality Assurance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform business analysis and adoption of IT solutions:
- Actively work across groups of internal and external resources, touching all phases of solution documentation including planning, requirements, development, and implementation to drive customer-facing and productivity enhancing capabilities;
- Create process documentation and project content in order to develop project deliverables;
- Plan and coordinate business and functional requirement gathering from Business Owners and Subject Matter Experts;
- Perform research and analysis on requested capabilities and creates associated User Stories;
- Continuously provide input on process improvement and development standards, procedures, and management routines to ensure proposed and implemented solutions meet customer and operational demands;
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of stakeholder business processes and partners with them to define appropriate technology requirements to include providing insights and knowledge into business requirements, future state process definition, and scope/approach for department projects and initiatives;
- Perform business process analysis modeling use cases, process flows, and data mapping to facilitate User Story development.
- Collaborate with business and technology staff to proactively evolve corporate platforms’ capabilities;
- Assist business and project teams with creation of the value proposition (ROI) for proposed projects;
- Perform profiling and analysis of data from source systems;
- Remain up to date on applicable technology and business trends related to the functional area of ownership; Install and configure off-the-shelf products independently and develop proof of concepts for end user demos;
- Maintain working relationships with software application vendors;
- Provide support and participates in functional and user acceptance testing;
- Facilitate effective change management programs within the organization including creating and administering communication plans to promote end-user adoption;
- Act as a user advocate to ensure overall usability and adoption of the IT systems.
Define and implement IT Standards and Quality Assurance processes:
- Develop, implement and monitor information system standards and guidelines;
- Research and analyze new technologies for the arising business needs;
- Participate in elaboration of internal procedures, mechanisms and controls to ensure stability, improved quality, security and performance of corporate systems;
- Coordinate efforts to develop and maintain the library of system documentation and internal user manuals, training materials, and guidelines and making recommendations on improvements;
- Maintain and update the Helpdesk knowledge base to support internal and external users;
- Liaise with users on information technology and systems issues by representing the IST Section in committees, task forces and steering groups and by regularly meeting with peers;
- Provide guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff, and consultants (including performance review, coaching and guidance)
- Follow corporate change management and release management standards for applications requests and deployment to production environments.
Perform any other functions as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators:
The results of the functions performed directly impact the efficiency of the several key IT systems used to support the UN Women business, covering around 2000+ staff in Headquarters and field offices. The effective analysis and implementation of IT systems directly impacts the organization's capacity and credibility in providing timely and quality information to achieve organizational goals and it also impacts overall knowledge building and sharing in the organization.
The results of these functions indirectly impact:
- the ability of UN Women staff to provide timely and quality services to its key clients;
- the production and distribution of management information to Senior Management; and the preparation of results reports.
- Timely and accurate business analysis and adoption of IT solutions, based on workplan and budget;
- Timely and accurate definition and implementation of IT Standards and Quality Assurance processes, based on workplan and budget;
- Timely consultation with stakeholders;
- Timely development, implementation and monitoring of information system standards and guidelines as per workplan and budget;
- Timely guidance provided to clients as well as supervisees.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with a sense of urgency;
- Ability to manage small to medium technical projects involving internal and external (outsourced) teams;
- Demonstrated proficiency to have analytical ability and thorough understanding of software development life cycle processes;
- Knowledge of information technology platforms for business intelligence and web applications;
- Actively seeks to apply current expertise and new ideas on how to optimize use of technology to streamline workloads;
- Able to identify and analyze clients' needs and develop appropriate technology solutions to meet business requirements; desire to organize and improve processes.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in information technology, computer science, business administration or other related discipline is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the below:
- Demonstrated hands-on systems analysis / business requirements experience supporting Enterprise level systems;
- Experience in writing documentation within the software development lifecycle and technical environment;
- Demonstrated experience related to Business Intelligence platforms, reporting tools, database, and third-party solutions.
Experience below is an asset:
- Experience with Cloud Computing is preferred;
- Knowledge and experience in CRM platform such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics;
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft ERP system;
- Experience leading a team.
- Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in another UN working language is desirable.
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.