We are looking for experienced Data Administrator to support Consortium in database migration and compilation of various data sets. We are looking for candidate that is patient, detail oriented and able to work with large data sets.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Ensure data collected is well-organized and easily readable, and data is easily disaggregated into gender, age, date and type of assistance received;
● Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check output;
● Assist in organizing data received from partners into one central data set for the database migration and dissemination with partners
● Any other tasks related to data cleaning/compiling data sets;
To be successful in this role you must have:
● University degree in statistics, computer science, management information systems, political science, humanitarian affairs or other relevant area;
● 0-2 years of work experience;
● Strong knowledge of excel;
● Strong knowledge of the Windows environment;
● Ability to working with large-scale of data;
● Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines;
● Strong capacity in terms of data management;
● Understanding of Database languages;
● Understanding of data security and protection policies;
● Broad knowledge of humanitarian assistance programming;
● Fluency in English
● Native Arabic speaker
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a short term consultancy. You must be available to start work As Soon As Possible and be willing and able to work in Amman -Jordan.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 8 -Jan- 2018.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo