LOGISTICS AND PROCUREMENT TRAINING OFFICER
Dublin | Dublin
Job title: Logistics and Procurement Training Officer
Reporting To: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Dublin, Ireland
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The logistics and procurement training officer is an integral part of the Dublin HQ logistics and procurement team. They will lead on the development and implementation of training strategies based on industry best practice and GOAL global logistics and procurement regulations. This role will also work closely with Country field offices, to build staff capacity and ensure consistent application of GOAL logistics and procurement regulations, with some travel expected to roll out and train staff.
In addition to the training aspect of this role, the logistics and procurement training officer will also directly support implementation of country logistics offices as detailed in this Job description.
GENERAL LOGISTICS & PROCUREMENT
- Provide support to specific GOAL country programmes:
- Assisting with procurement by actioning or reviewing procurement documents
- Supporting with technical advice on all aspects of Logistics & Procurement
- Receiving and analysing reports, and providing suggestions for improvement or corrective action
- Reviewing and commenting on donor proposals, concept notes and grant agreements
- Understanding and communicating donor compliance requirements
- Provide support to HQ departments:
- Assist with or action procurements at all levels for assigned departments
- On standby for emergency response deployment
- Work with the rest of the HQ Logistics team on HQ Logistics & Procurement related tasks or special projects as needed.
- Developing Logistics training and development strategies by considering immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Planning, creating, directing and delivering training and development programmes including staff inductions, to accomplish the organisation’s goals.
- Developing individual and group training programmes that meet the skills gaps identified through needs assessments and audits.
- Promoting an open knowledge-sharing environment that builds knowledge, skills and service for the benefit of the organisation as a whole.
- Communicate effectively with senior managers, country programmes and roving staff, to ensure that all materials are kept up-to-date.
- Collaborate with senior logistics staff globally to analyse the effectiveness of a training, and proactively make suggestions for improvement.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the various GOAL programmes, to enable effective communication with attendees and stakeholders.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- 2+ years field experience in NGO, UN or IO Logistics & Procurement
- Proven effective communicator with ability to engage and support GOAL’s teams in the field and across functions in head office
- Willingness to travel to GOAL country programmes
- Demonstrated ability in planning, organising and implementing projects/initiatives in multi-cultural environments
- Fluent in English, written & verbal
- Degree level education
- Previous experience in training or skills development roles (in any sector/industry)
- CIPS/CILH/CHL or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of Articulate and SAS Elluminate (Blackboard) training software
- Knowledge of another language, especially French, Spanish or Arabic.
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Salary range for this role is € 29,000 to 34,000. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
If you wish to apply please click on the link below and use the GOAL application form. https://www.goalglobal.org/careers?gh_jid=912011
- Organization: GOAL
- Location: Dublin | Dublin
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Education, Learning and Training
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2018-01-31