SVN 2018/12 (P) - Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (P3) - IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia
Position Title Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station : IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 23 January 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia
(Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Libya, the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Development and Donor Relations Officer, and in close coordination with the relevant Programme Managers/Coordinators and the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the successful candidate will develop and oversee the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) aspects of all IOM programmes and projects in Libya and ensure their relevant and effective implementation, in line with the specific donors’ requirements.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Develop and lead the implementation of the overall framework for Mission’s projects M&E systems. He/she will be responsible for the supervision and coordination of M&E data collection and consolidation, including the preparation of monthly, quarterly or annual programmes/projects reviews, process and operations monitoring, real-time, mid-term and final evaluations and lessons-learned workshops; build staff capacity on M&E and ensure that M&E arrangements meet international standards and comply with donor agreements. 2. Work closely with project development teams to ensure M&E is embedded in project design and planning through elaboration and revision of the programmes/projects result matrix on a continuous basis, provide inputs in the areas of the objective hierarchy, indicators and monitoring mechanisms.
Page 1 / 43. In collaboration with Programme/Project Managers, operational teams and implementing partners, ensure compliance with quantitative and qualitative monitoring requirements to provide relevant information for M&E of programme/project activities, and for complying with regular reporting requirements.
4. Guide the process for identifying the key performance questions, indicators and parameters for monitoring programmes/projects performance and achievements, for comparing it to purposes and targets, and for preparing evaluations; design the format for performance reports. 5. Design, test and regularly review information and data collection tools ensuring the compliance with relevant monitoring and reporting requirements. Provide advice and guidance on the information and data collection process in coordination with the monitoring and reporting focal points.
6. Prepare, compile and/or review monitoring reports, analyze them and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and take the necessary corrective actions; organize and ensure the regular sharing of M&E findings with relevant stakeholders in the Mission and other IOM offices/departments, and discuss and advise on monitoring data in the appropriate forum in a timely manner, particularly in terms of achieving objectives and implications for future action.
7. Prepare regular monitoring activities reports for inclusion in the Program Quarterly Report; ensure overall revision of reporting documents including but not limited to M&E activity plans and Final Evaluation Reports to ensure adherence to project objectives for submission to donors.
8. Work in close coordination with the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the Senior M&E Officers at the Office of Inspector General to plan and implement internal mid and end term evaluations as needed to ensure evaluation process and their findings meet IOM’s, member states and donor expectations.
9. In close consultation with Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and OIG, lead the selection, contracting of organizations/firms to be sub-contracted to implement external evaluations and special surveys/studies required for assessing project performance 10. Represent IOM and participate in the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) process to ensure that the Migration dimension is reflected in its design and measurement framework.
11. Lead and/or participate in missions commissioned by external partners and donors and ensure access to M&E data by relevant stakeholders. Undertake regular visits to the field in coordination with project managers to provide advice, resolve issues and support implementation of M&E.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Science, Research Methods, Political Science, Development Studies, Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
Page 2 / 4• Proven experience in the development, planning and implementation of programmes/project Monitoring and Evaluation systems, M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory), facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of M&E data with multiple stakeholders, information/data analysis and report writing;
• Proven experience or capacity to lead and/or coordinate evaluative research assignments; • Solid understanding of post-conflict environment and community development, with a focus on participatory processes and joint management;
• Experience in M&E system design, data processing and computers with familiarity in Results Based Management (RBM) framework are highly desirable;
• Proven experience in information analysis and analytical report writing. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage. Note
This position is based in Tunis, Tunisia with possible relocation to Libya if and when the situation is conducive.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Page 3 / 4How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 23 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 10.01.2018 to 23.01.2018
Requisition: SVN 2018/12 (P) - Monitoring&Evaluation Officer (P3) - IOM LibyainTunis,Tunisia (55303243) Released
Posting: Posting NC55310411 (55310411) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Tripoli
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2018-01-23