Temporary Appointment: Administrative Assistant (Fundraising Services), GS.5, 364 days, PFP, Geneva, Switzerland
The overall purpose of the position is to provide administrative support for the Individual Giving and Legacy units within the Fundraising Services team.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, hope...
The Fundraising Services team is growing in numbers and beyond the resources of the two existing Administrative Assistants. In order to maintain a high level of support to as well as output from the Individual Giving and Legacy units, a new Administrative Assistant will have to be assigned to support the two units.
How can you make a difference?
Financial administration of teams’ budget and WBS Element
Manage financial process and team’s expenditures according to UNICEF policies:
- Prepare relevant documents for individual and institutional contracts requests.
- Receive, verify and process invoices.
- Prepares, on own initiative, memorandums, notes for the record, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, for general financial expenditures.
Budget focal point for units:
- Assist during the planning process by setting up budget in Vision and fund allocation for travel, etc.
- Budget expenditure monitoring.
- Budget reporting to Manager and team members.
- Supporting units in the procurement planning process.
- Preparing, following the procedures and as required, memorandums, waivers from competitive bidding, justifications, in support of contract requests to Procurement or HR.
- Preparation of contracts in Vision according to procedures.
- Monitoring performance and delivery of products.
- Ensure evaluation of vendor’s performance is done.
Travel organization and administration
- Proactively organize itineraries. Finding and booking cost-effective flights with Carlson Wagonlit or directly with the travel unit (i.e. Easyjet).
- Assist team members in the creation and finalization of travel authorizations (TAs) in VISION.
- Prepare travel claims.
- Ensure that travel certifications are timely entered in Vision.
- Monitor individual travel expenditure.
Office clerical assistance
- Execute office duties for team including:
- Day-to-day follow-up activities on actions initiated by the team.
- Research background materials, preparing briefing documents, routine correspondence, drafting reports and preparing presentation materials as required.
- Keep attendance records.
- Provide contact back-up for unit.
- Provide office supplies and equipment as relevant (liaise with IT, etc).
- Maintain mailing lists, team calendar and filing system in W: drive.
- Serve as Helpdesk for team members, including assistance with Microsoft office product
Organize high-level meetings including taking responsibility for finalization of the meeting agenda, invitations, the production and distribution of documentation, and preparation of minutes of meetings. Distribute meeting reports and information and monitor any required follow-up actions.
- Recommend and book appropriate venues and oversee meeting supplies and room set-up.
- Liaise with hotels, restaurants and other meeting services providers to facilitate proper coordination.
- Act as focal point for delegates' practical needs during meeting.
- Act as meeting rapporteur.
Other duties as required
Performs other duties as required by the section managers.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Completion of secondary education. Proficiency in the use of standard MS Office applications (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc…)
Ability to use UNICEF SAP/ERP systems (VISION)
Minimum of 6 years relevant work experience which should include performing administrative functions. Proven ability to handle figures/numbers.
Experience in managing or monitoring budgets is desirable.
Experience with UN and/or UNICEF regulations and rules, including administrative procedure will be an asset.
English - Proficiency - Day to day communication orally and in writing, internally and externally.
Working Knowledge of French would be an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Besides fluency in written and spoken English, the following competencies are required (LI, LII and LIII indicate the level required on a three point scale, LIII being the highest):
UNICEF Core Values
- Diversity and Inclusion
UNICEF Core Competencies
- Drive for Results (Level I)
- Communication (verbal and written) (Level I)
- Working with People (Level II)
UNICEF Functional Competencies
- Analyzing [Level I]
- Learning and Researching [Level I]
- Planning and Organizing [Level I]
- Following instructions and Procedures [Level I]
ESTIMATED DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND PROPOSAL
364 days start March 2018 – March 2019
The incumbent will report to Individual Giving Manager who will provide overall direction and guidance.
The hired incumbent will be based at UNICEF Geneva.
General Service Staff are recruited locally, but can be of any nationality. Candidates must be in possession of an existing visa/work permit or resident/citizen of Switzerland (and/or commuting area) to be considered eligible for this post.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Administrative support
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: 2018-01-31