76629 - Procurement Analyst (for Indonesian Nationality only) (FOR UN ROSTER)
The United Nations system in Indonesia works as a team to develop the best strategy to respond to national needs and plans, building on agency asset. To support its operations, UN Indonesia is opening vacancies for roster of qualified personnel to be based not only in Jakarta but also in other areas as required. Candidates will be assessed by UN Human Resources team for particular type/level of function.
Under the overall guidance of DRR/DCD and direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist, the Procurement Analyst ensures effective delivery of procurement services in large Country Offices*. He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to complex issues related to procurement. The Procurement Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Analyst works in close collaboration with the Management Support, Operations, Programme and project teams in the CO, UNDP HQs staff to successfully deliver procurement services.* The nature of work at ICS 8 level is specific. This is an entry professional level. The incumbent (who has corresponding educational background, but no experience in the field) is expected to apply theoretical conceptual models, make rudimentary analysis of project parameters in support of greater programme development activities. Team environment provides rich learning opportunities, facilitates rapid professional development. The duties performed as well as external contacts are rather limited. The incumbent grows professionally to be able to embrace responsibilities at higher levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Inputs to elaboration and implementation of operational strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Provides analytical inputs to elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, analysis of parameters in support of proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit in coordination with supervisor.
- Analysis and proposals on cost saving and reduction strategies in the CO.
- Analysis and proposals on elaboration of contract strategy, sourcing strategy, quality management, supplier selection, improvement of procurement processes in the CO.
2. Supports management of procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects, UN House and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of information for preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Preliminary review of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Follow up on timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
- Implementation of harmonized procurement services and elaboration of proposals/ analysis of requirements on common services expansion in the UN House, introduction of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
3. Ensures implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation criteria, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Implementation of e-procurement module.
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Procurement.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the overall CO efficiency in procurement management and success in introduction and implementation of operational strategies. Accurate, thoroughly researched information, timely and appropriate delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and overall timely delivery of UNDP programmes and projects.
Competencies and Critical Success FactorsFunctional Competencies:
Building Strategic PartnershipsMaintaining a network of contacts
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge SharingBasic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical ExpertiseFundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and DevelopmentBasic research and analysis
- Researches and documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
Design and Implementation of Management SystemsResearch and analysis and making recommendations on management systems
- Maintains information/databases on system design features
- Develops simple system components
Client OrientationEstablishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Actively supports the interests of the client by making choices and setting priorities to meet their needs
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based ManagementBasic monitoring
- Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Monitors the implementation of corporate accountability and results-based management systems and makes recommendations to enhance performance of business units
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
UNDP Procurement Certification Programme
Required Skills and Experience
Applicant must complete P11 form and submit as part of their application. Click here to download the form - http://bit.ly/P11system
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: NO-A, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position - Junior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-12-31