76627 - Procurement Associate (for Indonesian Nationality only) (FOR UN ROSTER)
The United Nations system in Indonesia works as a team to develop the best strategy to respond to national needs and plans, building on agency asset. To support its operations, UN Indonesia is opening vacancies for roster of qualified personnel to be based not only in Jakarta but also in other areas as required. Candidates will be assessed by UN Human Resources team for particular type/level of function.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager or Procurement Analyst, the Procurement Associate provides leadership in execution of procurement services in CO ensuring their effectiveness, transparency and integrity. The Procurement Associate promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Associate supervises and leads the support staff of the Procurement Unit. The Procurement Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions / Key Results ExpectedSummary of Key Functions:
- Administration and implementation of operational strategies
- Organization of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Control of CO Assets
- Organization of logistical services
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures administration and implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with office management.
- Provision of researched information for formulation and implementation of contract strategy and strategic procurement in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, e-procurement introduction.
2. Organizes procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring.
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendors’ creation in Atlas. Buyers profile in Atlas.
- Review of procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Presentation of researched information on procurement in the CO.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Organization of joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
3. Ensures implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and update of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
4. Ensures proper control of CO Assets focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of inventory reports.
- Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in the CO and projects.
5. Ensures organization of logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of travel including purchase of tickets, DSA calculation, PO preparation; arrangement of shipments; vehicle maintenance; conference facilities arrangements.
- Timely conducted DSA, Travel Agencies, vehicle maintenance, hotel and conference facilities surveys.
6. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the overall CO efficiency in procurement and success in implementation of operational strategies. Accurate analysis and presentation of information, well- organized transparent procurement processes ensure client satisfaction and timely delivery of UNDP programmes/ projects. The information provided facilitates decision making of the management.
Competencies and Critical Success FactorsFunctional Competencies:
Building Strategic PartnershipsMaintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge SharingBasic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical ExpertiseFundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and DevelopmentPresentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management SystemsData gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
Client OrientationMaintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based ManagementGathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
UNDP Procurement Certification programme
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized training in procurement. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 7 years of progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Applicant must complete P11 form and submit as part of their application. Click here to download the form - http://bit.ly/P11system
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: GS-7, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-12-31