76632 - ICT Support Associate (for Indonesian Nationality only) (FOR UN ROSTER)
The United Nations system in Indonesia works as a team to develop the best strategy to respond to national needs and plans, building on agency asset. To support its operations, UN Indonesia is opening vacancies for roster of qualified personnel to be based not only in Jakarta but also in other areas as required. Candidates will be assessed by UN Human Resources team for particular type/level of function.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager or ICT Specialist/Analyst, the ICT Support Associate provides ICT services, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Support Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
The ICT Support Associate works in close collaboration with the Front Office, Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations teams in the CO and UNDP HQ staff for resolving complex ICT-related issues, collaborates with Regional ICT Officers (RIO), Regional Bureau ICT Managers (RBIMs), ICT Managers and other ICT Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
- Support to networks administration
- Provision of web management services
- Provision of administrative support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment.
- Participation in development and implementation of ICT annual plan and Standard Operating Procedures in ICT services.
- Provision of support to the use of Atlas (UNDP’s implementation of ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
2. Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Effective functioning (installation, operation and maintenance) of all UNDP hardware equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies.
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programs on a timely basis.
3. Ensures efficient networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems. Ensure that the UNDP desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail.
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Organization of off-site storage of backups.
- Maintenance of measures in place for business continuity and disaster recover processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities.
- Networks administration support to other UN agencies as required and preparation of bills for cost recovery for the service provided.
4. Provides web management services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to the maintenance of the CO websites and Intranet.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of websites for UNDP and other UN agencies upon request and preparation of bills for cost recovery for the service provided.
5. Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment for the CO and projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets, review of quotations and bids
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware.
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Administration and Procurement Teams.
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
6. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision.
- Participation in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues.
- Maintenance of staff training profiles.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of ResultsThe key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Country Office including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking ICT management has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
Competencies and Critical Success FactorsFunctional Competencies:
Building Strategic PartnershipsMaintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification). University Degree in Computer Science desirable, but it is not a requirement. Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months.
- 6 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Applicant must complete P11 form and submit as part of their application. Click here to download the form - http://bit.ly/P11system
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-12-31