76659 - Administrative Assistant (for Indonesian nationality only) (FOR UN ROSTER)
The United Nations system in Indonesia works as a team to develop the best strategy to respond to national needs and plans, building on agency asset. To support its operations, UN Indonesia is opening vacancies for roster of qualified personnel to be based not only in Jakarta but also in other areas as required. Candidates will be assessed by UN Human Resources team for particular type/level of function.Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager/Administrative Associate, the Administrative Assistant provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
The functions/duties/ key results of this job description are generic and not all duties are carried out by all Administrative Assistants. Some specialized functions can be implemented by Logistics Assistants (shipments, insurance, deliveries, customs clearance).
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to effective and efficient functioning of the unit (DRR’s office/operations unit/ administrative unit)
- Support to administrative and logistical services
- Support to office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
2. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the unit (DRR’s office/operations unit/ administrative unit), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed.
3. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions
- Performance of a Buyer role in Atlas and preparation of POs for travel activities.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation. Preparation of POs.
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
4. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
6. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of ResultsThe key results have an impact on the efficiency of the unit. Accurate presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the office and promotes the image of UN/UNDP as an effective contributor to the development of the country.
Competencies and Critical Success FactorsFunctional Competencies:
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable.
- 5 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Applicant must complete P11 form and submit as part of their application. Click here to download the form - http://bit.ly/P11system
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirement
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: GS-5, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-12-31