Driver-Field Office Jerusalem- Procurement & Logistics Department/ Transportation
Driver , Grade 05
Deadline for Applications
23 January 2018
Contract Type & Duration
Fixed-term appointment of 3 years including 1 year probation period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need.
Vacancy Announcement Number
Duty Station & Department
Field Office Jerusalem- •Procurement & Logistics Department/ Transportation
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women and welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA's human development goals
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. UNRWA has identified four human development goals as the focus of the Agency's operations in committing to fostering human development of Palestine refugees by helping them to: lead long and healthy lives, acquire knowledge and skills, achieve decent standards of living and enjoy human rights to the fullest possible extent.
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 5000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees.••
Reporting directly to the Dispatcher concerned and the Vehicle control Officer, subject to the overall supervision of the Fleet Manager Officer. •
The main responsibilities include:
• Is required to drive all designated Agency Vehicle, as directed within the limitations of local traffic regulations and the type of license held.
• Is the Agency's official custodian of the vehicle assigned to him.
• Is responsible for the efficient operation and cleanliness of the vehicle and the safety of its passengers and or freight.
• Is responsible to ensure that relevant transport documents are properly completed in accordance with instructions.
• Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Conditions of service•
Monthly basic salary JD 490.7. Other benefits include:
• Provident Fund contribution (7.5% •of basic salary staff member contribution, 15% of basic ••salary paid by the Agency)
• Dependency allowances (if applicable)
• 30 days of annual leave
• Compulsory medical insurance
To qualify for this position, you will need:
Successful completion of Secondary Education or Basic Education (third preparatory;
Must possess a driving license (Valid to drive in Jerusalem); a 53 Seat Bus driving license.
Must possess general basic knowledge of all types of vehicles.
At least three years experiences in driving a heavy type of vehicle.
Good knowledge of English and Arabic.
Sound knowledge of the operation of all types of vehicles used by the Agency and basic
Knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
•You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ability to take initiative and maintain acceptable relationship with all concerned.
• Ability to understand rules, regulations and standards and to implement guidelines and instructions.
• Ability to work under pressure and beyond official working hours.
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews:
How to apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address or mobile phone number that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile are accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview can be contacted by e-mail or phone.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process. The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity, and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description
Date of issue: 11 January 2018
- Organization: UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees
- Location: Nepalgunj
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2018-01-23