Medical Officer-Area Office Hebron- For Roster Purposes
North Lebanon Area (Lebanon)
Medical Officer, HL06
Deadline for Applications
30 January 2018
Contract Type & Duration
For Roster Purposes
Vacancy Announcement Number
Duty Station & Department
Area Office Hebron - •Health
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women and welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
Priority will be given to Female Candidates
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA's human development goals
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. UNRWA has identified four human development goals as the focus of the Agency's operations in committing to fostering human development of Palestine refugees by helping them to: lead long and healthy lives, acquire knowledge and skills, achieve decent standards of living and enjoy human rights to the fullest possible extent.
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 5,000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees.••
The incumbent of this post is responsible to Head Health Center (A) or (B), as applicable.
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the• incumbent:
• Provides general outpatient services and other special services, including maternal and child health, control of non-communicable diseases as well as for hospital referrals;
• Participates in on-the-job and in-service training of other staff in accordance with the approved• plans;
• Replaces other Medical Officer during their absence, in the same or other health centers, as required.
• Perform other duties as may be required.
Conditions of service•
Monthly basic salary JD 1334.58.
Other benefits include:
• Provident Fund contribution (7.5 % of basic salary staff member contribution,• 15% of basic salary paid by the Agency)
• Dependency allowances (if applicable)
• 30 days of annual leave
• Compulsory medical insurance
To qualify for this position, you will need:
A medical degree from a recognized university including an internship of at least twelve-month duration.
A valid governmental license to practice medicine in the country of duty station.
At least four years of satisfactory professional working experience.
Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
Post-graduate degree or diploma in public health, family health or other related discipline.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ability to work under pressure and cope with heavy workload.
• Good organizational and planning skills;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively deal with patients;
• Ability to lead a team and work as a team member;
• Proficiency in standard Agency computer applications
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews:
How to apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address and mobile phone number that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile are accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview can be contacted by e-mail or phone.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process. The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity, and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
Date of issue: 16 January 2018
- Organization: UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees
- Location: North Lebanon Area (Lebanon)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Medical Practitioners
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2018-01-30