IT Help Desk Admin
Hatay (Turkey) | Turkey
General Description of the Programme
GOAL - an International Humanitarian Organisation, is an international emergency and development NGO dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest and most vulnerable. GOAL was established in 1977 and is currently operational in 13 countries world-wide.
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and is contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
General Description of the Role
The purpose of this role is to ensure the availability and reliability of the Information Technology systems and to support the users of these systems in using them effectively and economically.
The IT Helpdesk admin role comes with responsibility for the overall maintenance and integrity of network, systems, data, assets, software and procedures. In addition, ensure about telecommunications hardware working probably and maintained.
The role is based in Turkey – Antakya and with movement to Ankara with site visits to GOAL working offices in general.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.
- Ensure all computers are up to date with anti-virus software.
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Checking Laptop hardware (HDD, screen, Ram, keyboards, Motherboards etc.)
- Create accounts on local Servers (Microsoft Windows Server 2012).
- Ensure all laptops and tablets are locked and working probably.
- PC’s, printers, scanners and any IT equipment to be maintained to a high standard.
- Maintenance and updating of wire and wireless communications equipment.
- Ensure IT equipment is maintained and that equipment such as servers wire and wireless devices are checked regularly for alert/issues and that environment the equipment is kept in is maintained (in terms of Air conditioning etc.).
- To be proactive and to look at ways of improving IT services.
- To carry out upgrades where necessary (i.e. Windows and software upgrade).
- Ensure take backups out of laptops and synchronized it with file server/network file storage frequently.
- Apply GOAL IT policy.
- To liaise with Supervisor weekly SITM and report to him/her on the main issues at that point in time and the implications of such issues.
- Bi-weekly submission of the report to SITM.
- Computer Institute or higher certificate.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and computer hardware.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the IT sector.
- Experience in LAN configuration (Switching, WLAN).
- Knowledge of backup solutions software and hardware.
- In-depth knowledge of DHCP, IP addressing schemes, DNS.
- Experience in laptops software and hardware maintenance.
- Windows 7 – 8 operating system installation and maintenance.
- Networking – ability at the basic level of the network switch and routers connections. Troubleshooting and resolution of network issues.
- IT security credentials – an ability and knowledge to identify vulnerabilities within the network and possible exposures to the network.
- Experience in Microsoft office applications.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in teams.
- Be enthusiastic, ambitious and keen to learn new skills with a positive attitude.
- Attention to detail, conscientious and have an ability to work on your own initiative is also essential.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Have previously worked in a similar role where travel was involved.
- Work on Office365, SharePoint.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired during duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a reference check. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications equally from both men and women.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
Application deadline is 31 January 2018.
If you would like to apply for the above position, please click here and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.