Human Resources Officer (Organization Design and Classification)
Amman | Amman
UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, where, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Human Resources Officer
(Organization Design and Classification)
Vacancy Announcement Number
Deadline for Applications
HQ Amman, Jordan
The incumbent of this post reports directly to Senior HR Officer Org Design and Classification. In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent will:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct individual management reviews and other studies, as assigned, and contribute to Agency-wide structural reviews and analysis of work flow processes and assists in provision of related technical expertise and guidance to the client departments and offices to meet their operational / staffing needs;
• Carry out job analysis and research; review and amend post descriptions, norms and standards for International and Area posts ensuring the application of established guidelines and procedures as well as the adopted processes and best practices in the area of organization design;
• Prepare all documents related to management reviews, as requested by the supervisor, and historical background of posts if needed to ensure availability and completeness of necessary information for the proper conduct of management reviews;
• Review and evaluate Area and International posts and grading requests in the Agency’s area of operations and HQs using the ICSC job classification system; provide documented evaluation rationales in support of the section’s activities;
• Ensure updating of Organization Design and Classification (ODC) Section’s site on intranet, databases of staffing table and archive of post descriptions and organizational charts ensuring easy access and retrieval of the latest information and documents;
• Be responsible for mapping new posts and organizational units; review and recommend for authorization related Requests for Post Actions (RPAs) in REACH system and follows up with relevant staff in HR at HQs and the fields, Budget Division and Information Management Services Division at HQA to ensure that due actions are taken in the system in line with the approved submission(s); prepare/amend organizational charts Agency-wide and prepare special reports from staffing table as requested to ensure consistent and up-to-date reporting on the Agency’s posts and structures;
• Carry out workload analysis and staff assignment patterns and make recommendations on optimal staffing levels/distribution accordingly to be used in further analysis and advice on utilization of the Agency’s human resources; closely collaborate with other ODC staff including the Compensation and Benefits Section as may be required.
Professional Knowledge and Experience
• A university degree from an accredited educational institution in public or business administration, human resources management, industrial engineering or related field;
• At least five years in human resources management, preferably in the areas of organizational design, job classification, staffing control and compensation, of which ideally two years should have been acquired in a large international, governmental or commercial organization involving organizational analysis, operations research, work methods study or related areas of work;
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
• UN Core Values:
- Respect for Diversity.
• Core Competencies:
- Working with People;
- Drive for Results;
- Default managerial competencies may apply.
• In addition, the following Functional Competencies applies:
- Applying Technical Expertise;
- Planning and Organizing;
- Relating and Networking;
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, Field Director for Field Area staff and Director of Human Resources for Headquarters Area staff, in consultation with the concerned supervisor may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
The incumbent may be required to travel in the Agency’s area of operations.
Conditions of Service
The fixed term appointment is for 3 years including 1 year probation period. Monthly basic salary JD 927.30 plus special occupational allowance of 25% of the basic salary. Other benefits include monthly Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. As an Area post, preference will be given to local candidates already based in the duty station of the post.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non- smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
On appointment, all individuals will be asked to sign a self attestation, confirming that they have not committed, been convicted of, or prosecuted for, any criminal offence and that they have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
Date of issue: 18 January 2018/LF
- Organization: UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees
- Location: Amman | Amman
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2018-02-01