COMPENSATION AND BENEFIT PROJECT MANAGER
Purpose of the post
The Compensation & Benefits Centre of Expertise is leading a number of strategic initiatives that will enhance the ICRC’s capacity to attract, develop and retain the best possible workforce to access people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence and to deliver effective humanitarian services. The implementation of these projects involves significant changes in ICRC HR programs, policies and tools.
A new Job grading system, salary scales and mobility policies have been implemented at the end of 2017, and the next global projects will focus on a retirement benefits, medical coverage, recognition and the integration of all processes into an HR information system.
The primary purpose of the Project Manager for Compensation and Benefits is to coordinate the development and worldwide delivery of these projects, for a total of around 17,000 employees in 100 countries.
Main duties and responsibilites
- Project manage until close a number of compensation and benefits-related projects, in line with the ICRC mission and in compliance with the ICRC Project Management Guiding Framework (define project scope, timing, costs, etc).
- Ensure that the project scope, timelines, and expected outcome are at all times aligned to the ICRC’s Human resources strategy.
- Report regularly on progress, within the frame of the governance of the ICRC Project Management Office.
- Ensure alignment at all stages between the projects and internal stakeholders (change management, internal communication, etc)
- Prepare presentations and recommendations for senior management (Directorate and Assembly Council), integrate comments and updated documents as required.
- Contribute to the development of communication and training material for internal users (HR, managers, staff).
Education and experience required
- University degree in business administration, human resources, or other related discipline
- Excellent and proven project management skills, experience of complex global projects rollout
- Hands-on, results driven yet able to work well within a team
- Good level of MS Office literacy, including MS Project, Excel and Access
- Ideally experience in implementing global Compensation & Benefits projects or HR Information systems
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to listen and integrate feedback
- Strong analytical skills
- Location : Geneva
- Type of contract : Maximum-term
- Activity rate : 80-100%
- Length of assignment : until 31st March 2020
- Estimated start date : ASAP
- Application deadline : Tuesday, 6th February 2018