UN WebBuy Web / Database Developer (Internal Candidates Only)
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the supervision of the UN WebBuy Team Lead, the UN WebBuy Web / Database Developer will be responsible for developing high quality, secure, scalable, and maintainable code artefacts to enhance and extend the UN WebBuy platform. The position is dedicated to developing code for the UN WebBuy platform only.
1. Implement business applications 2. UN WebBuy Support and Maintenance
3. Participate in testing for UN WebBuy platform
1. In coordination with the Senior UN WebBuy developer, implements business applications through the production code:
- Implements functionality through the development of code artefacts by utilizing:
- ASP.NET (C#)
- SQL Server
- Develops new modules / functionality within existing systems
- Implements code in alignment with prescribed architecture and based on approved technical designs
- Ensures optimal performance, scalability, and usability of business applications by adhering to established and evolving architectural standards developed by the UNOPS ICT Enterprise Architecture and Platforms team
- Maintains detailed technical documentation
2. UN WebBuy Application Support and Maintenance
- Responds to reported user issues that may require software patches or enhancements for internal and external platforms
- Develops and commits software patches/enhancement to address reported issues
3. Participates in testing for UN WebBuy platform
- Undertakes unit and other forms of technical testing of UN WebBuy, ensuring that the application works as intended and making sure the application is optimized in terms of performance and usability. Suggests new approaches and/or tools that may be used to improve testing
- Performs technical testing of existing and new functionality and when upgrades / patches are applied
- Adequately documents all work activities, including code specifications and test plans
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- High School education is required
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and Information Systems or other relevant discipline is an advantage and may substitute for some of the required years of experience
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience as .NET C# web (ASP.NET) developer
- Good knowledge and understanding of Web Service API’s especially in regard to integration
- Good SQL skills (MS SQL Server) are required
- Knowledge of Angular is required
- Ability to get hands on and be comfortable with bespoke interfaces
- Experience with developing business applications within large and complex enterprise IT environments would be a distinct advantage
Full working knowledge of English is essential.
Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Contract type, level and duration
*** Please note: this position is restricted to UNOPS internal applicants
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA 6
Contract duration: 1 year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.