IT Specialist - MADE II
Port-au-Prince (Haiti) | Abuja
Position: IT Specialist
Project Title: Market Development in the Niger Delta (MADE) Phase II
Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Reports to: Deputy Team Leader/Operations Manager
Start Date: March 2018
Market Development in the Niger Delta (MADE) II is a 2 year phase II of an earlier 4.5 year programme that uses the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach to generate pro-poor and inclusive economic growth in the non-oil sectors of the nine Niger Delta States. The programme’s stated objective is to raise the incomes of at least 155,000 poor people, 50 per cent of whom will be women, by up to 15 per cent.
MADE II will also, identify and address livelihood and economic factors contributing to human trafficking, forced labour and modern day slavery in the region, particularly in Edo State. MADE II will pilot interventions aimed at tackling the root causes of MDS, strengthen efforts to combat slavery and reduce vulnerability. A target of increasing incomes or providing livelihood opportunities to 30,000 people (as part of the target to add 155,000 incomes increases) within at risk geographies and demographic groups. MADE II will focus on sectors such as ICT, hospitality and the creative industries to support investment and growth in sectors that are seen as ‘aspirational’ and attractive to potential victims of trafficking, and thus reduce drivers for emigration
The programme’s base is Port Harcourt, with project offices in Abuja and Benin City.
The IT Specialist is responsible for oversight of IT needs for the project main and regional offices, including system installations, maintenance, support and technical advice. The IT Specialist is responsible for ensuring that DAI established standards set by the DAI home office are followed and that proprietary project solutions are fully functional, efficient and cost effective. The IT Specialist provides user support and manages relationships with outside System Support Companies (as needed).
Responsibilities also include the management and maintenance of LANs (Local Area Networks) in the program’s main office in Port Harcourt (14 staff) and Abuja and Benin city (12 staff). IT Specialist will ensure that proper backup and restore procedures are followed, maintain network security (antivirus and communication devices), and that end users have access to shared files, printers and email. When needed, he/she will also be responsible for conducting IT assessments and preparing reports for grantees and project partners per OIMT standards to ensure that appropriate solutions (equipment, software and services) are proposed and provided to beneficiaries.
DAI’s Office of Information and Management Technology (OIMT) will provide the training, guidelines and technical support to IT Specialist. It is the responsibility of the IT Specialist to keep OIMT informed of issues and/or proposed system modifications (hardware and software purchases) via tools provided by OIMT IT Operations team such as request templates, support email address, and OIMT Technical Approval group email address.
1. Objectives and Duties:
The objectives and duties include but are not limited to:
- Local network maintenance and installation (cabling, switches and NIC configuration TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP);
- WAN connectivity and maintenance (Internet connection and services, and devices configuration and maintenance);
- Server and server application maintenance (Hardware integration, Windows 2012 / 2016 server maintenance, Hyper-V, WSUS services, antivirus maintenance and monitoring, backup services);
- Client computer hardware and application installation, configuration and maintenance (Laptops, Desktops, MS Windows 10 Pro, MS Office Suite, IBM Notes, O365 general use and troubleshooting, antivirus installation and troubleshooting);
- User support and training;
- Management and supervision of support provided by local companies (ISP or other provides or IT services);
- Responsible for all of the above mentioned tasks in Project’s field offices;
- Regular communication with the Home Office OIMT IT Operations team regarding network, system hardware and software changes/issues/updates and user registration, updates and termination;
- Provide assistance in procurement and evaluation of all technical equipment (including phones, copiers, etc., in compliance with DAI IT Standards and procedures);
- Administer IP PBX extensions;
- Maintain IP PBX hardware and phones;
- Communicate with OIMT IT Operations team regarding implementation of special features on the system;
- Assist local office managers in properly inventorying IT equipment;
- Conduct IT assessments for beneficiaries and produce reports per DAI OIMT procedures;
- Prepare procurement specifications and SOWs for IT procurements per DAI standards;
- Review all IT procurement requests in Tamis;
- Assist Facilities Manager and provide advice in annual IT inventory and software audits;
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures as set forth in the project’s Field Operations Policy Manual and DAI Operations Manual.
· Completed college education in relevant field and minimum 5 years of relevant experience in IT system administration, maintenance and user support;
· PC and Server support experience;
· Knowledge of Windows Server & Windows Client operating systems;
· Knowledge of Hyper-V visualization platform;
· Knowledge of Windows network services: AD, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, Print and file sharing;
· Experience with IBM Notes Client configuration;
· Experience with Outlook client or O365 services;
· Knowledge of backup and restore services;
· Physical and logical LAN and WAN infrastructure principles;
· Communication equipment and VPN services;
· No prior legal convictions for fraud or theft and no prior terminations for cause from a prior employer;
· Demonstrated honesty, trustworthiness, initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks;
· Must have English language proficiency, verbal and written.
The IT Specialist will report to the DTL/Operations Manager.
Last date for submission of applications is 31st January 2018.
To apply forllow the link below: