Consultant - Data processing, Beijing, China
We are seeking a Data Processing consultant for our fundraising team to carry out data process work as well as following up existing or potential supporters and answering inbound inquiries.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference?
We are seeking a Data Processing consultant for our fundraising team to carry out data process work as well as following up existing or potential supporters and answering inbound inquiries with duration March-August 2018.
Key deliverables will include:
1. Processing entries:
- Accurately enter information into database in a timely manner, and carry out all activities related to the routine operation of the database - daily
- Import and input new data into database - daily
- Maintain and clean current data in database, e.g. update info in database as per supporter’s request, data cleaning, etc.
- Generate above data processing report.
2. Supporter communication:
- Email/SMS/WeChat or other online channel
- Inquiry follow up / reply -within 3 working days
- Inbound calls - Efficiently answer inquiries in a professional manner based on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) guidelines-reply immediately
- Log questions not included on the FAQ sheet to develop a more comprehensive list.
- Reply to the inquirer should the required answers not be immediately available after consultation with supervisor.
- Raise any unusual issues to supervisor to seek guidance on responses management.
- Outbound calls - Carry out out-bound calls to supporters for follow up / information update and to introduce new activities.
- Log details of calls in database.
3. General administration: Provide administrative support to the unit as requested, such as typing, translation, filing, faxing, photocopying, mailing, etc.
To qualify, you will have…
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university, or other comparable education.
- 4-5 years of administrative work experience (may include internship experience), preferably in administration, data management, or related field.
- Native Mandarin Chinese skills, reading and writing. Good command of spoken English and working knowledge of written English.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Good initiative, ability to conceptualise and come up with improvement suggestions.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- Exceptional customer service attitude.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making
If you recognise yourself from the above and wish to make a difference for every child, please review the full Terms of Reference though this link and send a Cover Letter and CV as well as a financial proposal indicating your daily consultancy rate to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online through www.unicef.org/employ (requisition 510630). The deadline for receipt of applications is 28 Feb. 2018.