Software Quality Assurance and Testing Engineer
New Delhi (India)
The UN’s Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) is responsible for defining the strategic direction for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to the UN Secretariat. It provides oversight of ICT programmes, budgets and decision-making to ensure alignment with the Secretariat’s overall ICT strategy.
The Enterprise Application Center – Vienna (EAC-VN) along with its New Delhi based Solution and Production Centre forms part of the key delivery pillars of the OICT in keeping with the UN’s revised ICT strategy. As part of this strategy and under the direct supervision of the Head - Technology and Solutions; the Quality Assurance and Testing officer will liaise with the Team Coordinator for day to day work and be responsible for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that QA process is documented and communicated and adequate to ensure agreed quality levels for the application.
- QA issue prioritization and resolution facilitation.
- Facilitates weekly Quality Assurance meetings and maintains agenda.
- Ensure traceability of test cases to requirements, working with the project to ensure all requirements are tested.
- Works with developers to identify unit testing coverage and ensure any gaps are documented and addressed.
- Serve as team member in the Quality Assurance, Software Testing, planning, specification and design of computer application systems;
- Performs work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
- Analyse the collected error/defect data to better understand how errors are introduced and can be eliminated
- Collaborate and communicate with other developers, instructional designers, and graphic artists.
- Ensure testing of functional areas is complete, tracked and on-schedule.
- Quality assured and tested elearning modules, ready for production
- Quality assured eLearn LMS ready for launch
- Standardisation documentation for evaluating QA of eLearn modules.
- Documentation on the tasks performed
- Timely delivery of the tested content
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Makes the case for innovative ideas from the team with own supervisor
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Contributes to work planning, manages time and resources efficiently
- Takes accountability for delivery of agreed targets
- Ability to prioritize assignments and requirements, and multitask as needed
- Identifies problems and proposes solutions
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Maintains awareness of new developments in own area of expertise and promotes this knowledge with others who may benefit
- Develops an understanding of own strengths and development needs
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Building and managing partnerships
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships. Builds positive work relationships of mutual trust and empathy
- Contributes to a sense of team spirit and works collaboratively with others by seeking to understand and make best of team members’ diverse ideas, working styles, skills and backgrounds
- Demonstrates care and concern for other team members, proactively offering support.
- Ability to work independently with limited instruction
- Aptitude for technical innovations and data analytics
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of Graduate degree in Computer Sciences / IT / from a reputed University / Institution.
- Certification/diploma in Quality testing
- At least 7 years of experience in Information Technology field in similar capacity/role.
- Be able to interface with cross functional teams
- Experience of working in a project management environment;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is required.
Remuneration package is Rs. 91,380/- per month (taxable). Additional benefits include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.