FLYING TECHNICAL ADVISOR IN EMPLOYABILITY FOR MISSIONS
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Support Employability operations in Action Against Hunger missions through field visits and in remote.
Technical assistance to missions to launch the employability sector of intervention at missions: training, employability assessment, grant writing, design of methodologies adapted to context particularities and mission’s demands.
Key activities in your role will include
- Support Employability programs: Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Validate the technical and operational methodology for implementing projects.
- Ensure the implementation and operational and technical project monitoring.
- Define strategies of Employability programs in coordination with field Coord. TECH and/or country director and HQ DASE team.
- Identify areas of intervention where the employability approach will be included.
- Propose intervention strategies based on identified needs and ensuring a transversal approach to interventions.
- Collaboration with other technical departments
- Promote integration with Food Security and Livelihoods programs,
- Management of multisectorial information. Support the development of a mission integrated baseline.
- Advice and capacity building for Employability management teams.
- Provide key hints on recruitment and training of the Employability team (in coordination with the Administrator or HR Manager).
- Strengthen the management of programs and projects.
- Ensure reporting of field missions.
- Prepare end of mission.
- Monitor the recommendations of the reports at headquarters.
- Active participation in the missions support
- Follow up of the mission after the field visits and remote support.
- Contribute to the development and promotion of tools.
- External Communication.
- Employability Cluster: Exchange of expertise on employability issues with other social actors and/or stakeholders as NGOs.
- Other NGOs/relevant stakeholders: developing partnerships; coordination in the analysis of humanitarian situations; sharing of information, tools, approaches.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Higher education in a field related to social sciences, employment and entrepreneurship.
- Significant understanding and experience with project budgets and financial management.
- Significant understanding and experience of donor requirements and donor reporting.
- Excellent and demonstrable project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience of Employability/field experience.
- Professional experience in developing contexts.
- Proven experience in team management.
- Analysis and synthesis capacity.
- Languages: Fluent French and English.
- MS Office, including advanced Excel.
- Position will be itinerant between missions. Almost 90% of the time he/she will be based at missions.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Work contract: 12 months
- Based in Madrid
- Salary: between 27.000 € and € 30.000 € gross per year.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Meal vouchers.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.