Information Management Officer (Roving) - National Position
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a motivated professional individual to join our Syria Response Office’s operations. The ideal candidate must have a bachelor degree in Management Information Systems or any other relevant field along with previous experience in complex and volatile contexts. The candidate is knowledgeable of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods.
We are particularly looking for an individual who will be able to ensure that Local Humanitarian Partners and field staff are compliant with data collection standards and reporting requirements.
- Ensures adherence with NRC policies, procedures, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Supports the formulation of the monitoring and evaluation matrix and plans to address indicator reporting requirements.
- Provides technical guidance on the design of data capture processes.
- Provides training and support to NRC and partner staff on data capture, analysis, and use.
- Monitor and document the implementation of project activities done by Local Humanitarian Partners, contractors, and field staff (plan of action activities, contracts, financial expenditures, and project documentation)
- Provides analysis of information and data to address indicator reporting requirements.
- Maintains project files, databases, and other archives documenting project progress.
- Maintains the project specific portion of data capture, analysis, and warehousing platforms is well organized and accessible.
- Ensures compliance with NRC data policies.
- Liaises with other units on areas of common responsibility.
- Design and maintain Information management database and tools to address assigned Core Competency Information Management need.
- Oversees the operation of the database and related data collection software, conducting repairs, updates and improvements as required.
- Conducts regular trainings for NRC and Local Humanitarian Partner staff to improve the quality of the data being collected.
- Ensure that Information Management related data to education (including information of beneficiaries and needs) is up to date at all time (e.g., this Includes 4Ws, beneficiary database, project and implementing partners’ database)
- Provides quality control and oversight of the data that is being collected, and identifies and addresses errors in collection or input.
- Produces detailed, relevant and high-quality qualitative and quantitative reports as requested.
- Supports and contributes to the development of data management systems through documentation, implementation, and coordination of standardized information flows.
- Liaises with other staff and partners to understand information management needs and best practices.
- Designs intake forms and data collection tools for the field and Local Humanitarian Partners.
- Develops and ensures the effective use of field feedback mechanism.
- Supports the analysis, reporting and visualization of program data needed for different reporting.
- Ensures that information management data related to assign Core Competency is up to date at all times.
- Compiles monthly reports for assigned Core Competency teams in Syria Response Office in Amman.
- Carries out any other related tasks relevant to the role as required by the line manager.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
- Contract period: till the end of Dec. 2018 with possibility of extension
- Duty Station: This position will be based in SRO office
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- For more information, please see attached Job Description